Chapter 31

____________________________________

Fuck her.

That's all Jade has to say about the blonde that's been driving her crazy for the past week and a half.

Yes, the two have managed to ignore each other for almost two weeks. Kinsey avoiding Jade by acting as if she never existed and Jade too nervous to approach the stone-cold persona that makes her feel like an annoying pest whenever in her presence.

The past week consisted of the two girls purposely missing each other in the hallways by hiding behind lockers, doors, and people. As well as, rapidly looking the other way when one or the other passed by in close proximity, before longingly looking after them after they've passed.

Today marks the ninth day of Kinsey and Jade's hiatus.

Kinsey lazily sits in her desk as Mrs. Rodriguez lectures. The blonde trying extremely hard to pay attention as a means of distracting herself from thinking about what Jade is up to a couple of desks down. She can ignore the brunette physically, but she can't ignore how much the mere idea of the girl has been taking a toll on her mentally. A part of her relentlessly guilting over how she left the brunette hanging dry, while the other part of her justifies her actions as a means of protecting herself from going down a road she isn't ready for.

But, she doesn't want to be that cruel. She can't be. At least not to the brunette. It's weird, with anybody else she can't resist the urge to break down any confidence they hold within their soul, but when it comes to Jade, she can't find any bitter bone in her body that wants to purposefully hurt the girl. It's like she can't live with the thought of knowing she's the reason that the brunette isn't smiling.

She does miss that cute ass dimpled smile, whenever Jade was bantering back and forth with her.

Shit.

She doesn't know how much more of this she can take as she runs the risk of glancing over at Jade for the millionth time. The dark brunette is busy taking notes as the teacher continues her lecture. Her head peeking up every few seconds to catch whatever is written on the board. Kinsey smiles internally at the way her eyebrows invert when she's serious. Her hand moving across the paper at the speed of light as she scribbles notes down. I know she's not failing this class.

"Okay, we'll stop here today class. I wanted to take some time to pass out your progress reports before the end of the quarter so you guys can see where you stand with your grades," Mrs. Rodriguez abruptly announces once she drops the green dry erase marker into the magnetic tray that clings onto the huge dry-erase board in the front of the class. Her low, pointed heels clack against the vinyl floor as she crosses the front of the classroom to her desk.

Kinsey lifts her body up in the seat, finding that it's the first time in this entire class period that she's found something to pique her interest. She's afraid to look at the slip of paper since she has a slight prediction of the grades that'll be on there.