Chapter 40

____________________________________

The unrestrained fall wind sways the weakened, almost dead leaves off of their respective tree branches. They sway back and forth in an eerie unison as it allows the wind to weave through in and out, having an effect on anything and everything in its path.

The brunette's unbridled locks sway along with the course of the unapologetic wind with some strands sticking to her chapping lips. She stares emptily out onto the football field with no exact target for her line of sight. She looks out into space, her mind running with endless thoughts leaving her ultimately, speechless.

"What do you think about that Jade?" Lucia inquires with a subtle nudge into Jade's shoulder. Her mellow eyes focus in on the brunette who noticeably jolts back into reality, giving both her and Alexander a disorientated look.

"Jade, you good?" Alexander questions leaning in as close as he can with the distance he's at on the bench. The same award-winning pearly-white smile on his face as he directs his attention to Jade. The brunette still doesn't understand how someone could look so jovial and smile so big as if the world wasn't complete shit.

"I'm fine. What's up?" Jade blandly assures still looking visibly fatigued with dark, gloomy saucers beneath her eyes.

"Well," Lucia starts off dramatically as she glances over at the boy sitting to her right before looking back at Jade, "My buddy Alexander here is saying that denim on denim isn't a thing, but I don't that's necessarily true. I think it's possible but there's only a select few that can pull it off."

"Like who?" Alexander chimes in, sassily raising a brow at the strawberry blonde to his left with her silky colored strands of hair neatly pulled up into a tight high ponytail, making her look all the more preppy.

"Kim Kardashian," Lucia reasons, raising a brow back at the boy.

Alexander immediately rolls his eyes, "Next."

Lucia places a finger on her chin as she thinks with scrunched brows, "Kendall?"

"She's an actual model. They're meant to wear ugly ass shit to try to make it look good," he reasons, crossing her arms and his legs simultaneously as he enjoys Lucia's exaggerated thinking expressions.

Lucia goes back to the drawing board as she drops her eyes, "Hmm... Rihanna!" She basically screams in her excitement.

Alexander thinks in silence before slightly nodding his head in approval as his arms uncross his chest, "Fine, I'll give you that one. Riri is the ultimate baddie."

Lucia proudly smiles at him, lifting her chin up to show it. Alexander shakes his head at her sudden overconfidence.

Alexander has become fond of the girl that seemed to always be around Jade. As he began spending more time with Jade at school, it's became inevitable to avoid the girl that latched onto her like a puppy. Seeing that Lucia was most likely everywhere Jade was at school, Alexander couldn't avoid meeting the extremely peppy, larger-than-life personality.