Chapter 1

____________________________________

"Final score: Home team, 29. Away team, 4!"

The crowd bellows in excitement as the home football team reaches the bench. Dirt adulterates the once metallic silver shining jerseys, while scratches plague the players' bodies. These battle scars are quite indicative of how rough the game was played.

Kinsey Scott is the last one to come off the field. She is greeted with cheers from the crowd and her male counterparts. She pulls her helmet off and her dirty blonde locks slowly descend from the bun that secured them. She agitates her head in order to loosen the mangled strands of hair and a smile spreads across her normally stoic face. Her genuine joy adds to the positive atmosphere.

"We fucking did it!" she yells, running towards her teammates.

"You did it Kins!" James replies while staring proudly at the disheveled girl in front of him.

"Hell yeah, you did!" Antonio adds, wrapping his left arm around both of her shoulders, squeezing them tightly. He then makes a mess out of her already tangled hair by ruffling the top of her head with his fist.

"Cut it out Tony!" Kinsey complains while chuckling, obviously amused by this behavior.

"Oh, come on Kins you know you love it."

"Yeah, when I break your fucking arm." Kinsey hisses then playfully rolls her threatening eyes.

She pries herself from his strong, rigid hold and continues her walk over to the bench, completely spent.

Antonio snickers in satisfaction as the girl continues her tiresome and disgruntled trek towards the bench.

Kinsey makes it to her destination and plops down with a huge huff. She rests her grimy dirt covered hands onto the shoulder pads that enlarged her smaller frame.

"Kinsey!" A stern, guttural voice sounds, interrupting the rest that Kinsey so dearly needed. "Kinsey!" The voice continues to boom through the crowds of insane hollering. Kinsey makes her way through the bunches of post-pubescent teenagers by nudging and elbowing her way through.

A couple of vexed yelps sound from those that got elbowed in the ribs.

The voice belongs to Coach Ronald. The head offensive coach that recently began coaching at Kingsman just a few years ago. All those that he has mentored called him the same nickname. 

"Hey, Ronald McDonald," Kinsey states with her most charismatic smirk.

The coach chuckles and shakes his head at the name he has come to resent. It was cute at first when he was new to coaching, but now it got on his nerves. He shakes it off and proceeds in what he has to tell the young woman.