Chapter 42

____________________________________

It's November. The overall mood in Kingsman Bounty is a chilly one. The withering branches fall prey to the threat of being abandoned by the leaves that have been latching on for dear life for the past couple of months. The wind still bustles through and everything remains quite similar as the fall season continues to unravel itself in the small town.

The congruity of the weather seems to be the only thing that had remained consistent in this story. Whether it was good or bad, things happened to change. Oh, did things change between Kinsey and Jade.

The two were almost inseparable as the end of their project marked a new beginning. The beginning of indisputable acceptance for their developing friendship. Of course, a "friendship" that involved a multitude of make-out sessions and flirting every once in a while, but neither girl has been willing to expand upon the atypical nature of their relationship to one another.

Once, ever so long ago, seeing each other as a hallmark of their forced partnership, they've now become like two peas in a pod. They find themselves unable to detach from each other after what initially "forced" them together became history.

They could have gone their separate ways and continued along with their lives as if one another never existed, leaving behind the blissful and intimate memories they've shared.

But that's most definitely not the case.

You see, Kinsey Scott is currently sitting on a squeaky ass wooden bench in the middle of an empty park in the buttfuck middle of nowhere with her heart beating out of her chest, glancing around with lustrous eyes at the cheap party decorations that litter the small pavilion space. Butterscotch yellow and midnight black party streamers intertwine around the thick-squared wooden columns holding up the deep maroon pavilion roof. Ironically enough, Kinsey found out that the brunette had an actual favorite color besides black and it was yellow, of all colors.

Half blown up balloons Kinsey was too lazy to blow up to full capacity, pathetically cling onto thin strips of masking tape by their tied ends. The balloons hanging from the pillars, flowing carelessly as the faint wind continuously passes through.

This is it.

This is all Kinsey could come up with within a short amount of time. She's never done any shit like this before and at this moment, she's quaking internally at the lack of skill she has for going out of her way and doing something meaningful for someone else.

What demon possessed me into believing that this was a good idea? I don't do shit for people.

Initially, Kinsey was astonished that the thought could even pass her mind, but it did. The idea to do something for Jade's birthday dawned upon her once learning that Jade actually had a birthday just a couple of days ago. It was odd that birthdays weren't a topic of discussion in between their make-out sessions.