Chapter 11

____________________________________

It is the end of another excruciatingly long day for Jade. She's already stressed out and has only been at this school for two days. The piles of homework granted by her new teachers leave her with a clouded consciousness and it doesn't help that that arrogant blonde is now her partner for a project that is nearly half of her grade. Life is just going great.

The brunette briskly strolls towards the rear of the school to wait for her sister to pick her up. Yesterday was a prime example of what could go wrong and Jade's learned her lesson. If it was up to her, she would never utter another breath in Kinsey's direction. That kiss was absolutely nothing but impulsive and it would never happen again.

The rush of students in the hallways lessens since the final bell of the day rang thirty minutes ago. Jade, being the lucky new girl that she is, had to stay after to turn in an assignment she had missed since she wasn't yet enrolled in the school. Mr. Turner, her new calculus teacher, allowed Jade two days to finish up the assignment he had already assigned to the rest of his class. Jade stupidly admitted that she had already gone over the subject at her old school, so he thought it would be a relatively easy first assignment for her to have in his grade-book.

The hallways have already begun to clear out. It's obvious that no one is planning to stay at school longer than is required.

With her skull-drawn backpack slung over her right shoulder, she walks to the parking lot located in the back of the school. It is the exit that is closest to the direction of her home.

She minds her business as she passes the few students still at school. It's like she doesn't even notice the couple basically making out behind a locker as if that is doing anything to hide them. Or the group of boys hollering as they huddle around in their little clique, possibly going on about something that isn't as interesting as they make it out to be.

She avoids any source of social interaction and finally makes her way out to the back of the school. A strip of broken concrete serves as a sidewalk to the parking lot. Of course, right beside the fractured sidewalk is the football field full of brainless jocks running around hitting each other. Jade doesn't spare the field of testosterone a second glance since she's walked past there yesterday with nothing worthy enough of catching her attention. The dozens of boys plaguing the field with their soiled white practice jerseys lifted, exposing their abdominals, don't entice her.

She continues to stroll in her steady pace, ready to just go home, take a nap, and drown in a pit of homework and despair but her stride is interrupted by something in her peripheral view.

A smaller, shorter figure in comparison to the other guys. She expects it to be some scrawny member of the team that possibly spends his time on the bench, but instead, she bravely looks over at the field to spot Kinsey. Kinsey Scott.

Jade wasn't aware that Kinsey is on the fucking football team. She's just assumed, in the two days she's been here, that the girl only hung out with all those boys due to her probably being just a full-blown tomboy jock. How could she miss a girl being on the football team when she first saw them play last Friday? Was she that lost in the book she was reading?

It's like her brain ceases to function as her legs stop moving forward. Her eyes don't deceive her as she spots the blonde in the midst of all the boys, aggressively yelling at them with a vein popping out the side of her neck. Her blonde locks pulled into an intricate bun atop her head with frays of strands falling out from the updo.

What really hypnotizes Jade is the way in which Kinsey has her jersey folded up over her sports bra, exposing her entire stomach full of abs. Straight abs. Not just the faint eleven lining. Full on abs that sparks Jade's curiosity as to how they feel. The sweat glosses over Kinsey's body like a bronzer, highlighting all of her definite muscles. Jade wonders how she could have missed all of that last night?

"Shit," Jade hisses under what's left of her breath. This girl is... stunning. Jade never wanted to admit such an observation to herself but who could deny it. Something within Jade twitches as she observes the blonde dominating over the team of boys. She feels her mouth go dry at the sight. Fuck.

"Fuck," Jade utters, this time out loud as she and the blonde make sudden eye contact. Jade doesn't know what to do. She can't run because she's been compromised out in the open. There is no place to go. At this moment, Jade wished she has the ability to teleport.

In her squatted stance, Kinsey spots the brunette staring at her. It's like her heart skips a beat and her breathing speeds up as her body heats up. "Time!" She calls immediately, feeling uncomfortable and caught off guard. The blonde's sweaty skin instantly flushes red at the thought of Jade watching her play. Why is that goth bitch staring at her?

All the boys that were in their positions get up, heading towards the benches that have trays of Gatorade water bottles filled up. They didn't even question their captain about the sudden break because they were so desperate for one. They hadn't had once since practice started about forty-five minutes ago. Any form of hydration is of serious necessity at this point.

Kinsey was put in charge of running practice today since Coach Ronald has been busy filling out paperwork for this upcoming season. The boys respect Kinsey and all, but sometimes she can forget that human beings don't run like machines.

Leaving the boys to catch their breathe, Kinsey decides to go find out what the girl wants, for herself. Fuck staying away from her.

Kinsey notices that as she starts walking off the field towards the sidewalk, her palms become moist. Her face remains unchangingly stoic but inside she is nearing a heart attack. She wipes her hands at the tight black football shorts, trying to look as casual as possible.

She feels better once she sees the brunette freaking out. Jade seems to have no way of preventing her emotions from reaching the surface. Kinsey smirks arrogantly as she watches Jade slowly look away awkwardly as if purposely trying to avoid eye contact.

"I can still see you," Kinsey starts, while chuckling at the brunette.

_______<~>_______

A/N: Hello! I think I'm going to take the route of writing shorter chapters because I'll be able to update more frequently when I do so. Writing long chapters require more editing and makes it easier to leave out details so I think shorter chapters would be better for this book.
...
Let me know what you think of Kinsey's slick ass? And what would you do if you were Jade?

I know my ass would just try to act like my mom was calling.😂
...
I would love to hear from you guys and thank you for reading. ❤️