Chapter 3

____________________________________

"Ah, shit," Jade hisses under her breath as she fumbles with the book, trying to prevent it from falling to the ground.

The smaller brunette tenses up in shame as she stares at the blonde that stands before her. Her face begins to overheat as embarrassment consumes her entire body. She fidgets with the pages of the book as it resides in her petite hands. The only thing she can feel compelled to do is hang her head low, unable to face the blonde.

"Well... I guess you're the shy type," Kinsey expels, raising an eyebrow at the timid girl in front of her. She stuffs both of her hands into the front pockets of her jeans as she stands tall and confident.

The girls are a mere five feet apart from one another, but that was too close for Jade's comfort.

The blonde is able to observe this obvious discomfort as the blush becomes apparent on the brunette's face. Kinsey enjoys seeing people falter at her menacing aura. It's as if she thrives off the power and dominance it gives her.

Kinsey proceeds to tease the smaller girl by taking one step forward. Jade then takes a step back, compensating for Kinsey's step forward.

"Come on, I won't fucking bite," Kinsey states after observing the fear expel from Jade, through her gauche actions.

Kinsey crosses her arms, never losing the sharp gaze she has on Jade. "Can you at least say something?" Kinsey desperately asks, becoming annoyed. She continues to walk towards the intimidated girl at a fast pace, but completely bypasses her, heading towards the red velvet arm chair that the brunette sat in previously. Once the girl treads past her, Jade lets out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding in in the first place.

Jade's wide eyes only follow the blonde, forcing her body to turn around to face the girl sitting comfortably in the arm chair. Normally, Jade would abort herself from such an awkward situation, but the blonde's presence captivated her. It drew her in, to the point, where her rubber-soled boots felt as though they were melted into the ground. She looks at the blonde's confused look and puts her head down, slicking a piece of her wavy chestnut-colored hair behind her ear. She can't mutter a single syllable, afraid to fill in the silence of the parlor room.

Kinsey decides to stop her further intimidation as she observes the brunette while sitting in the chair.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Kinsey admits in a softer tone. A tone she's never used before to address anyone. A tone, that for some reason, she feels is reserved for this stranger.

Kinsey's puzzlement is apparent after the girl fails to respond once again.

"Are you fucking mute?" Kinsey questions unable to understand the human being that stands before her. She leans forward in the chair, as a tactic to pressure a response out of the shy ass brunette.