five

( track 6: )

you really got me
the kinks

0:00 •—————— 2:14
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

sipping on my juice box, i tried finishing my homework in the cafeteria before fourth period while i ate a spoonful of peas. multitasking.

as i looked up, rodrick laid his lunch tray down to my table then pulled a seat looking rather nervous.

"i just want to say i'm sorry about...what i did." rodrick sighed. "hope you can forgive me?"

"yeah uh, too late bud." i closed my notebook then opened my bag. "that's going to randomly appear in my thoughts at 3am. stalking ain't cute, my dude."

"yeah, i know." rodrick muttered before stuffing his mouth with mashed potatoes.

"if that's how you get girls to like you, shame on you man." i sipped on my apple juice once more.

"wait-so is it a no?" he asked.

"i mean," i shrugged my shoulders and sighed. "do i have a choice?"

"so...yes?"

i let out a sigh. "sure, whatever."

rodrick smiled then immediately invited his two friends to sit right next to him. it's almost like they're those "popular" girls in 2000's teen movies.

"let's just start over and forget about what happened last time." rodrick advised.

"yes please," i groaned. "and please, for the sake of pete, never do that to me or on other people ever again."

"oh don't worry, i promise you i won't do that to you or anyone ever again. ever." rodrick places his hand on his chest.

"what? what did i miss?" ben questioned, raising his eyebrow.

"okay um...ooh! how 'bout this, let me make it up to you," rodrick pointed at me. "how 'bout-you come with us this saturday?" as soon as he finished his sentence, ben and chris nodded in agreement.

"ooh yeah, you could come with us to our gig as our roadie!" ben said in an enthusiastic way.

"so, what do you say?" rodrick asked, leaning closer. i pretended to think about his invitation then frowned.

"sorry, have to stay in the house on weekends." i took a piece of chicken nugget then dipped it in the sauce.

ben frowned at my response which made me chuckle. "aww, i was hoping you'd come with us."

"i'm interested, to be honest but i still can't go." i lied. "do invite me next time when you get another gig." i grinned. there's no way the gig they were referring to was battle of the bands, right? god, i sure hope not.

"shame," chris spoke as he ate his food. "you mind if we tell you the whole story after we finish our gig?"

"sure, why not?" ben cheered at my response, making rodrick laugh and chris copying whatever ben was doing. "but eh, even though i won't be attending with y'all this weekend, just pretend that i'm there. i may not be physically there, but my energy sure is."

"so are we friends now?" rodrick asked.

"eh, we'll see." i wore the sleeve of my bag then took my lunch tray off the table.