three

(   track 4:  )

❝  like or like like ❞
miniature tigers
0:00 •————————– 2:39
◀   ||   ▶

rodrick's point of view

the bell rang as i started walking walking in the halls, trying to go to the cafeteria for lunch. chris and i were together squeezing into the crowded hallways.

as both of us turned left, i felt a tap on my shoulder so i turned around then realized it was just hazel.

“oh hi hazel, what's up?” i greeted. hazel looked at me sternly and handed over a book binder.

“pass it to mr. allen before you go to the cafeteria while no one's passing theirs yet. he's in his office.” hazel walked away and went straight to the cafeteria.

chris looked at her as she left. “did something happen to you both?”

“no,” i sighed staring at the project. “she was nice yesterday. maybe she's just—grumpy today.” both of us headed to mr. allen's office which was near the cafeteria.

peeking to the door by the looks of it, he wasn't there yet so i opened the door and decided to place hazel and i's project on his desk. chris told me that he'll be waiting for me in the cafeteria so i'm all alone here.

“don't mind me just…placing this thing here.” i tiptoed into his office then dropped the book binder to his desk. “perfect.”

“what are you doing in my office?” i slightly jumped as i turned around to see mr. allen holding a mug.

“oh, i um…was about to pass my project to you.” i let out an awkward laugh. “the door was left open so i thought to pass it early.”

mr. allen rolled his eyes as he sipped on his mug. “you may go now.” i ran out of his office as fast as i could and went straight to the cafeteria to get some food.

“over here!” ben shouted and waved his hand, signaling me to sit with them. i took my lunch tray and dragged my butt off to sit with them.

“so how was your visit with hazel?” ben scooted closer to his seat, eating a sandwich.

“she's quite nice,” the three of us looked at hazel who was sitting all alone on the table. “i found out that she's into rock music.”

“maybe she would like our band?” chris said as he sipped on his juice box.

“mhm, you could even invite her over practice sometime.” ben added. “she could help us gain more fans!”

“why don't you let her sit with us?” chris asked, looking at hazel's table.

“she's a bit of a loner,” i sighed. “and pretty picky when it comes to people.” ben rose an eyebrow.

“so…you guys have already developed some kind of friendship? is that why she was nice to you yesterday?” he smirked.

“unfortunately not.” i responded, both of them slightly frowned. “she considers me as her acquaintance, for now at least. i might go through some extreme measures just to get into her league.”

“like what?”

i drank on my water bottle instead of responding, letting them figure out the answer. both ben and chris were confused so i stood up from my chair then went towards hazel's table.