twenty-three

( track 24: )

where'd you go?
the mighty mighty bosstones

0:00 •—————— 3:27
◀ || ▶

rodrick's point of view

( 14th JANUARY 2012 )
rocket rollers

nora approached me the other day and invited me to attend on her pupils' skating recital in rocket rollers this saturday, which was today as i was saying it inside of my head

many of their parents and loved ones gathered around the rink, waiting for their children to perform some type of dance on wheels. a lot of them were already cheering, none of the kids weren't even on the rink yet.

i looked around as i placed my hands on my pocket, wondering where nora was. but she was nowhere to be found. maybe she's getting ready before their performance starts—or maybe it already ended? fuck, was i late?

"ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and robin..." the dj announces as he winks at him, making him chuckle. "welcome to the radical, rocket rollers show! hopefully everyone's having a good time, so give it up for miss hazel nora lee and her students!" and so the crowd started to cheer, showing support to their kids.

i let out a sigh in relief. "i thought i missed it." i mutter to myself chuckling.

fortunately, her pupils skated their way towards the middle of the rink waving their hands. nora followed as she assists agnes hopping in the rink. her hair was tied into small pigtails with streaks of blue, pink, and a hint of purple on each side and her makeup was less darker than usual.

"alright everybody gather 'round, all of you will do great! okay?" i hear nora assure the kids, crouching down to their height.

"but teacher hazel i'm nervous," the boy whines while biting on one of his fingers.

"it's okay i understand." she pats his shoulders. "hmm maybe this'll help—all of you take a deep breath. deep breath in and out..." she says, which made them follow. "now remember, don't pressure yourself to remembering the steps. if you don't remember, you can look at me. also, don't be afraid to fall." she cracks a smile, pinching one of their cheeks lightly. "last but not the least, just have fun." the kids cheer while nora stands up straight, giving the dj a thumbs up.

"everybody dance now!" the song blasts from the speakers as the lights changed colors, making them pose on each beat as part of their choreography.

robin stands next to me as we watched them dance to the song. without even thinking, i asked...

"she's surprisingly great with kids." i blurt out as i turn to robin, deciding to just roll with it a second later. "how the hell is she great with kids?"