two

( track 3: )

oh bondage! up yours!
x-ray spex
0:00 •——————— 2:48
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

"you're partnered with..." tim covered his mouth, trying not to barf. "rodrick heffley?"

"yeah." i shrugged as i tried writing down the notes on the board.

"you do know he's like, a crappy student right? like, especially in mr. allen's class? that's why he hates him so much." he said as he tried copying my notes. timothy was also one of my classmates in this school (obviously). he just randomly decided to stick with me in arts class and be his "gossip pal".

i don't hate him, but he can get pretty annoying at times. there was this one time where he couldn't stop gushing over our substitute teacher and he kept on telling me how cute he is during the whole class.

"obviously i know who he is," i responded. "and yeah, sure, he might be a shitty student but there could be something bothering him that makes his grades go lower. as a student, it's also my obligation to help out another student duh."

"wow, such wise words from a wise woman. love your energy, boo." he lightly pinched my cheeks then closed his notebook. the bell eventually rang, making everyone pack up their bags.

i shoved my things from my desk to my bag then stood up looking for rodrick from the crowded doorway.

"hazel!" rodrick walked towards us as i laid eyes on him. tim looked at him in a disgusted way.

"i'll leave you two it," he wore the sleeve of his bag. "good luck!" timothy blew a kiss then walked out if the room.

"i didn't know you were friends with timothy." rodrick chuckled.

"he's an acquaintance." i smiled. both of us waited until the door is a little less crowded. "i forgot that you're also in my last class."

"yeah don't worry, it's all good." rodrick and i got out of the classroom and walked through the hallways. "you're still going to the library though?"

"oh yeah, i just gotta return something." while both of us were walking, i've noticed a couple of stares and whispers from girls, and i'm pretty positive that they're talking about rodrick.

like, yes, he's known to be a bit of a dumbass and a troublemaker, but i've heard that some girls swoon over him real hard because he's hot (their own words, not mine). i really don't understand what others see in him.

rodrick and i then got inside the library, i was a little nervous that he might do something silly while i return a few of my textbooks so i just pulled him by the wrist until we got to the librarian.

"hi, i would like to return these books." i stacked three of my textbooks from my bag. "i forgot to return them yesterday."

"student id?" the librarian asked in a monotonic way. i pulled out my id lace underneath my hoodie. she later made me sign on this sheet of paper and looked at me deep into my eyes. "i'll let you slide this time, but try passing it earlier next time."

"i promise." i smiled and zipped my bag closed.

the librarian looked at rodrick up and down and scoffed. "what's this guy doing here?"

"hi miss librarian." rodrick waved which made her very unhappy about it.

"we'll be heading out now." i pulled rodrick towards the exit before things get ugly since i don't know what other crazy shit this guy did.