twenty

( track 21: )

two doors down
mystery jets

0:00 •—————— 3:39
◀ || ▶

rodrick's point of view

a week has passed and lately, nora's friends and i were starting to get pretty close to each other — well except for rachel and melissa, obviously. just timothy and the new girl, kelsi. all of us, including chris and ben, would sit with them every lunch break and nora was always giddy towards almost everyone.

though oddly, yesterday, she wasn't sitting with us. all of us saw her during classes, but we still couldn't see her anywhere. she didn't even approach me when i was about to head home.

as i ran outside my room, i grabbed my bag then went downstairs to go to school. mom's currently putting up the christmas tree with manny and dad even though it's still november.

mom sighs then saw me approaching near her. "oh! rodrick, can you help me put this star on top of the tr–"

"sorry mom, can't be late for school!" i quickly got out of the living room then checked the car keys on my pocket as i was about to open the front door.

"greg, can you–"

"gotta go, love you mom." greg kisses her in the cheek then walked towards me, leaving mom call dad.

"what do you want, greg?" i groan, taking the keys out of my left pocket and spun it around my finger.

"i want to sit on the front seat this time." he says, making me burst into laughter.

"oh greggy," i shook my head, crouching down and placing my hand on his shoulder. "i'm afraid you can't do that. because hazel is going to sit there, i can't just let her sit in the back of my van. or, if you want, you could just walk yourself to school with little rowley over there." lightly pushing him, i got out of the house and ran towards my van.

greg groaned as he followed behind me, making me grab the van's handle then pulled the door open which made greg hop on in.

"morning greg!" rowley waves as he walked towards us. his smile faded into a look of concern after facing him.

"get in the van now." the boy immediately throws himself inside the van, making me close the door shut then sprint towards the driver's seat.

starting the engine, rowley peeks behind my seat and asks..."are we going to pick hazel up from her house?"

"none of your business, get in the back now." i roll my eyes then stepped on the gas, driving towards nora's house before going to school.

greg gasps. "wait a minute, you like hazel don't you?"

"pfft what? no! of course not! more like she likes me." i forced out a laugh. "hazel would literally poke fun at me and think that she's cooler than me."

"i don't think so. hazel seems really nice to me." rowley adds. "whenever i see her, she would ask me if i was okay and if i needed help for my homework."