seven

( track 8: )

i want you to want me
letters to cleo

0:00 •——————— 3:26
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

walking down the stairs, i saw my mom sipping on her coffee as she read the newspaper.

"ha! richard, have you seen this? this is bull crap!" she laughed, showing mrs heffley's latest article which was mostly about her talking about her children and her relationship with mr heffley.

"as usual." noelle rolled her eyes and shook her head. we were pretty sick of her pretending that our family's better than theirs. like heck, for all i know, mrs heffley was just exaggerating about her accomplishments.

"i'm going back to my room." i ran back upstairs then closed the door shut, opening noelle's laptop to see what's been happening in myspace.

"i'm gonna go write another article just to see who's the better writer. screw susan!" my mom's voice echoed downstairs. i lightly hit my head on the desk, wishing not to hear her ramble over her hatred for the heffley's for the nth time.

not going to lie, i don't think the heffley's aren't that bad. i've never talked to them that much, but they seem like really good people. (except for rodrick, he can be a bit of an ass)

"ah shit, the internet's acting up again." i muttered. the page kept on crashing whenever i refresh it which pisses me off every time.

rushing down the living room, i walked towards the wifi modem which was placed near the telephone. out of frustration, i hit the sides of the modem just so it could hopefully work.

"the internet's down and is currently fixing technical problems." noelle noticed as she sipped on a mug filled with hot tea.

"since when?" i questioned.

"an hour ago." she shrugged then pulled out a seat underneath the table. "yeah i know, the internet's always pissy here. if i were you, i'd go outside and have some fun rather than staying in doing nothing but stare at the screen waiting for the internet to come." she advised. i groaned in annoyance then ran back upstairs to lock myself in the room.

for all the places i've been, plainview's internet has got to be one of the worst ones.

also, as much as i want to go outside, i couldn't. both of the skating rinks that i go to are closed and i currently feel like shit.

maybe i'll just force myself to sleep. besides, i haven't had a good night sleep since ages. i leaped on the floor, landing on the center of my bed then stared at the ceiling.

that is until my phone buzzed, i took my phone from my desk then unlocked my phone, checking who it was.

rodrick:
Party at my place. Rodrick.

"party?" i asked to myself. haven't gone to a party ever since my cousin threw one in new york so i guess why not?

you:
time?

as i waited for the guy to reply, i opened my closet, looking for something to wear. it's obviously going to be a house party so thankfully, i don't have to wear something bold and daring like what i used to wear from the last party i've attended to.