nineteen

( track 20: )

suddenly i see
kt tunstall

0:00 •—————— 3:22
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

( 22nd FEBRUARY 2007 )
westmore middle school

"maybe we should start a band!" penelope gasps as she and rue walked through the halls with their arms hooked on mine

"maybe we should start a band!" penelope gasps as she and rue walked through the halls with their arms hooked on mine. "you know, my mom recently just bought a drum set and an electric guitar for me and patty, but i told mom she has small fingers! she obviously wouldn't be able to play them, so i convinced them giving it to me!"

"cool! i can ask my mom to buy me a bass guitar, she wants me to learn how to play a musical instrument before summer. she'd be so happy if she finds out we'd create a band." rue giggles. "who knows, we could be like paramore or avril lavigne!"

"ooh, what should our band name be?" i ask as i stopped walking, to which rue followed as well.

"yeah penny, you know nora and i suck at naming things." rue adds. penelope lets go of me then turned around to face us.

"well i did have something in mind," she smirks, making ruby raise an eyebrow. "how about the juliettes? get it? because william shakespeare has a story called romeo and juliet?" penny lets out a giggle.

after seconds of thinking, rue and i got the reference, making the three of us squeal in excitement. "oh my gosh, that sounds so punk rock. i love it!" rue jumps up and down as we continued walking

"we could be the next bikini kill!" i comment. "finally, i could put noelle's old electric guitar into use." i rolled my eyes.

"we could start practicing songs after school." before penny could continue her sentence, her phone starts to ring, making her take it out of her pocket. "hello mom? what, are you kidding me? ugh, fine i will." she immediately ends the call with a frown on her face. "sorry, band practice has to be rescheduled to next week. mom's forced me to babysit patty today."

"well that sucks," rue groans. as we were about to enter the cafeteria, i cleared her throat and stopped my tracks.

"hey, i'll be back in a while. i just gotta go to the restroom for a while." i quickly ran away and headed towards the girls' restroom.

after entering the restroom, i immediately got into the last row of the cubicle then locked the door, revealing lots of randomly written things on the wall as i sat on the toilet.