thirteen

( track 14: )

night of broken glass
jay reatard

0:00 •—————— 2:24
◀ || ▶

rodrick's point of view

"rodrick..." a voice whispered as someone shook my shoulder, trying to wake me up. jokes on them, it's saturday, meaning that i can sleep for as long as i want.

"leave me alone." i covered my face with a pillow, making me fall asleep again.

"rodrick! wake up!"

"golly!" i yelled as i pushed myself up, seeing greg standing next to my bed.

"your alarm has been ringing for 30 minutes and you still haven't woken up from that?" greg questioned as he threw one of the pillows from my bed. "come on and get up,"

"it's 8:30 in the morning..." i yawned, standing up from my bed.

"you asked me to wake you up at 8:30 a.m. just last night." greg said as a smirk formed on his lips.

"am i forgetting something?" i scratched my head in confusion.

"you were supposed to meet up with the one and only hazel lee." greg grinned as he handed over a towel.

oh shit right, i'm supposed to go see hazel in rocket rollers. that tree branch last night really must've hurt my head a lot to the point i've forgotten what happened last night.

"wait, when did i tell you that?" i asked once more as i walked towards my wardrobe, looking for something to wear.

"last night i think," greg responds. "you woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that you're going to hazel today. speaking of, how was last night with hazel?"

"meh, we were fine." i shrugged, tossing a pair of jeans to my bed. "we spent most of our time playing in the arcade, skating on an open skate park, and ate shawarma."

"and both of you went home at 2am?" he started to laugh.

"it's a long story, don't tell mom." i then rushed out of my room, attempting to leave the house as fast as i could. just because i have no clue when hazel's shift ends and i don't want to miss out on anything.

i hopped in to the shower, brushed my teeth, stole my mom's eyeliner, then headed downstairs to eat breakfast quickly.

without even hesitating, i took a slice of bread then chugged a whole glass of orange juice which was a bad idea since i've just finished brushing my teeth. eh, guess there's no turning back now.

"i gotta go mom, see you!" i kissed her on the cheek then rushed towards the door.

"rodrick," as i was about to hold the doorknob, my mom stood up with a worried look on her face. "why are you in a hurry so much? it's so early in the morning, i've never seen you being like this before."

"oh! umm..." i tried to think of something to say on the spot. "i'm–i'm going somewhere! yeah, and uh...i can't be late."

"well then at least tell me where you are going so i know where to find you just in case, hmm?" mom crossed her arms, tilting her head.