twenty-two

( track 23: )

hong kong garden
siouxsie and the banshees

0:00 •—————— 3:10
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

i wake up from the sound of my alarm clock ringing for the second time just right after hit snooze like, geez how long did the time pass, a few minutes?

i wanted to reach my phone near the bedside table to turn it off but i just didn't have the energy to do it anyway. heck, i can't even stand up.

"nora for fuck's sake turn your alarm off, it's been ringing for the nth time now!" i hear noelle's voice coming outside, making me groan with my face laying flat on my pillow.

with all my might, i opened my eyes then reached my phone to turn the alarm off. i look out the window to see if the sun was high up but then...oh, i forgot, it's still a little snowy. no wonder i had a good sleep last night.

after stretching my arms, i pushed myself up then went towards my closet to look for something warm enough to wear then took a warm shower. even though the temperature was set to hot, i still felt cold that it had me covering my chest, shivering as the warm water rushed through the shower head.

wiping the fog off the mirror, i wore the clothes i prepared then did my makeup—which was really just heavy eyeliner, mascara, and a tinted lip balm that me and penny bought one time while shopping excessively.

i went out of my bathroom then took my bag that was inside the bedroom.

walking towards the kitchen, i sat on my seat as noelle was in her pajamas with a mug on her hand. "looks like someone burned the midnight oil huh?" she chuckles as i took an apple from the fruit basket we got last christmas."what time did you sleep?"

"...3am," i respond hesitantly as i bit into the apple, but noelle just laughed it off. "are these washed?"

"i...don't know," noelle shurgs. "here, drink some coffee. mom saved you a cup before they left for work. aunt gave us so many coffee grounds, i don't think i could drink this everyday." noelle says as she places an empty mug near me. "now be careful with this stuff."

too late though, i've been asked by my parents to drink the coffee they saved for me before it turns cold almost everyday. it's not that i hate drinking coffee, but there would be times that i just want to drink water for breakfast.

but since i still felt sleepy, i reached for the coffee dispenser then poured all of it into my mug. "why don't you add creamer in your coffee?" noelle suggests as i scooped 3 spoonfuls of sugar into the mug.

"creamer's for pussies." i said with a sarcastic tone, stirring the drink with a spoon. as i continued taking a bite on my apple while also slightly downing half of my coffee like it's water. "what time is it, anyways?"

"7:30, why?" as noelle responds, i hear the horn of the school bus, echoing through the house. realizing that i'm almost late for school.

in a rush, i chugged my coffee full, threw my apple to the table then ran outside the door with my skateboard to chase the school bus.