ten

( track 11: )

❝ i'm not bitter (i just want to kill you) ❞
voodoo queens

0:00 •———————— 3:01
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

after taking some food from the cafeteria, i rushed towards my lunch table. rodrick texted me last night and told me that he'll be sitting there from now on, every lunch break.

i mean, i'm not counting on him, but i guess just let the guy get a chance to be friends with me-or more than friends, i don't know. i still don't like the dude.

just give them a few weeks and they'll start ignoring me like i'm some kind of ghost just randomly roaming around the place. anyways moving on...

my morning wasn't so bad. i feel less shittier than yesterday, which is good. my parents and i just decided to never bring up the argument anymore and forget that it happened. we're fine-for now.

as i was about to approach my table, two women were seated on one side. there are so many tables in this place, why the hell did they decide to sit here?

walking closer, i realized it was just rachel and melissa whispering and giggling at each other.

“oh hazel!” rachel's eyes lit up as she sipped on her iced tea. “hi, we noticed that you always sit alone in this table so we decided to share it with you if that's alright?”

i hesitated to respond. it's odd that rachel louis decided to sit on my table (obviously i don't own the table, everyone has the right to use it). it's just that no one cared about me before until i went to rodrick's party.

“sure.” i replied, setting my lunch tray down the table.

“thanks for letting us sit with you hazel,” melissa smiled as she ate her food.

“no problem! i rarely get seatmates on this table so...” i trailed off, forgetting what i was going to say.

“well that's why we're here, we just sit wherever we want to honestly.” rachel shrugged. “it just so happened that i immediately thought of you from the party.”

“oh of course,” i chuckled, unwrapping the paper from the burger.

“by the way, how are you?” rachel asked, making me think deeply.

“physically or mentally?” i asked, stuffing my mouth with the burger.

rodrick all of a sudden appeared with a disappointed look in his face as he was holding his own lunch tray.

“hey, i was supposed to sit there first!” he whined. rachel rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“shut up rodrick, we sat here first. we don't let exes sit together in the same table, now scram.” rachel flicked her wrist, telling him to go find another seat.

“hazel!” rodrick whined once more.

“just let them be, we'll talk later.” i instructed, sipping on a box of apple juice.

melissa laughed as she clapper her hands in amusement. “you heard her, rod: girls only! now shoo!”

rodrick sighed, looking down on his plate as he walked towards chris and ben's table; where they usually sit every break.

“so, hazel nora lee...” rachel smirked. "what's your zodiac sign?"

"my zodiac sign?" i chuckled. "well, i'm a scorpio. how about you?"