one

( track 2: )

❝ weird girl❞
mommy long legs
0:00 ——————— 2:24
◀      ||       ▶

rodrick's point of view

everyone in the room was silent as their heads were faced down to their test papers, studying and reading all the questions carefully. heck, i can't even understand most of the lectures about this a while ago honestly.

"psst, are you almost done with the test?" i tapped ben's shoulder since he sits right in front of me.

"yeah, just a few more questions and i'll pass it to you." ben muttered then continued writing.

"then hurry up before the teacher gets here. i haven't even written anything on my paper other than my name." i leaned back on my chair as i watched the other students.

ben sighed, dropping his pen on the table. "fine, here." he gave me his test paper but as i was about to take it from his hand, he quickly pulled it back. "but, i have a favor for you to do."

"just say it before miss miller comes in the room." i attempted reaching his test paper but he kept on moving.

ben gestured at a girl sitting on the back row with earphones on her ears. "see that girl over there?"

"yeah."

"i dare you to be friends with her." ben's resting face turned into a smirk.

"her? are you kidding me?" i groaned. "isn't she considered as that weird girl?"

"exactly." ben nodded in response. "besides, we're seniors! this is gonna be our last year being in this school so i suggest hyping her up as well before all of us never see each other again. you know, befriend her." ben and i turned back to see the girl turning her test paper to the other side. unexpectedly, she glanced at us which made me and him look away.

"fine, just—give it to me." i pulled ben's test paper then started copying his answers to the blanks.

the door then started to creak which made me give ben's paper back. hopefully, i don't get caught.

"okay class, so the test i gave you a while ago will now be your homework as well since we pretty much ran out of time." miss miller looked at her wristwatch. "goodbye everyone." the bell started to ring, which made everyone pick up their bags.

"let me copy your homework later?" i tapped ben's shoulder.

"fine, just make sure to do the dare i–"

"yeah yeah, i will." while both of us stood up, mr. allen showed up as miss miller walked out of the room. "oh man,"

"everyone who isn't on my next class can go out and take their lunch break. anyone who is going to be in my class will stay." the other students took their bags and went out of the door.

"quick, now's our chance." ben and i tried sneaking out by blending in with the others.

the attempt didn't work out, unfortunately.

"and where are you two heading?" he questioned, making all of the students stare at us.

"well you see sir," i tried laughing it off. "our next teacher is ms. march for art class." i forced a smile.

"nice try, rodrick. get back to your seats." mr. allen demanded. ben and i quickly dropped our bags and sat down on our desk. "anyways...class, since i'm currently busy, we won't have any classes for three days. today, the next day, and the other day."