prologue

"for best experience, listen to the songs that are mentioned as you read."

( track 1: )

❝ gimme brains ❞
bratmobile
0:03 –•––––––––2:17
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

"nora!" a voice called. "nora, are you going to school today?"

i groaned as i hid my head underneath my pillow, making myself feel comfortable waking up.

"what day is it?" i pulled the sheets off of my body and stretched a little.

"it's monday." my sister noelle responds as she ate her toast.

shit of course, it's today.

i jumped out of my bed and threw whatever the hell was available on my closet, looking for something to wear. it took me a while but i settled for wearing a simple sweater and dark jeans, you know the usual...or not.

"hey by the way, do you mind if i use your bicycle just for today?" i asked noelle as i started stuffing in extra clothes and makeup on my bag.

noelle looked at me up and down. "you going somewhere or something?"

"you don't remember?" zipping my backpack closed, noelle rose an eyebrow. "the plan i told you last night."

"oh that...of course." she nods then left my room. "well, while it's still early, come out here and eat something."

"yeah, hang on." i sat on my floor as i cuffed my jeans and slipped in some socks then wore my shoes.

after that, i got out of my room and closed the door with my backpack on the side of my shoulder. i headed towards the kitchen, where my sister was eating waffles.

looking around the room, i noticed my parents were nowhere to be found. "where's mom and dad?" i asked as i sat down on my chair.

"they had to leave early for work today." she handed over another plate with two pieces of waffles and some maple syrup.

"sheesh, earlier than usual." i shrugged then bit on my waffle with a fork. "what about you? shouldn't you be at work too?"

"my shift starts at 9 o' clock and ends at around 2 pm." she stood up. "i'm currently on halftime."

my phone all of a sudden started blasting loud music which startled noelle. "what the hell was that?" she chuckled.

"sorry, it was just my alarm." i immediately switched the alarm off my phone. "it means i have to go. i'm just gonna place these waffles in a ziplock bag or something and eat it on the way there."

"sure." she replied. i grabbed my plate to the sink then took a ziplock bag from the shelf and slid both of the waffles into it. i didn't add maple syrup on them though since the waffles had chocolate chips in them and just preferred them that way.

"i better get going." i placed the ziplock bag into one of the extra pockets my backpack has. noelle walked up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"here's the keys to the padlock." she shook the keychain then tossed it, making me catch it. "good luck on whatever you're going to do later."

"i will." noelle kissed me on the cheek. "hey, don't forget about the plan later!" i then got outside and unlocked the chain from the bicycle then went off.