eighteen

( track 19: )

(she's my) vampire girl
groovie ghoulies

0:00 •—————— 2:13
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

i wiped my eyes and yawned as i got downstairs, carrying my bag and ready for school. noelle was on her work clothes while she was in the kitchen eating breakfast, as always. the smell of coffee from her mug makes me want to eat a box of doughnuts for some reason.

"hey," noelle drops the waffles on her plate then gives me a big hug. "happy birthday. how was your sleep?"

"the same," i shrugged as we pulled away. noelle gave me a kiss on the cheek and fixed my hair.

"dad said mom and him currently have too much work to do today so their celebration plans got postponed..." she frowns while walking back to her seat. of course, mom and dad are always bombarded with work. "but hey, at least you have me and rammy. i can invite him over so the three of us can celebrate."

i pulled up a chair and sat as she poured cereals and milk on a bowl. "shouldn't you be working too?"

"i do, but i'm less busier this week. lucky for you, my boss told me i could leave the workplace early this week so, i'll have the rest of the day spending time with you." noelle grinned as she opened the microwave.

"that's sweet and all, but i don't think that'd be necessary." i shrug, scooping a spoonful of cereals from my bowl. "like, it's just another year of getting older. what's so special about that?"

"because you're 18 now, nora! you're basically legal to do almost anything! like come on, look on the bright side, imagine all the wonderful memories you'd get for this year." she pats my back.

"yeah right, that's what i told myself last year. the only 'wonderful' memory that i remember is that one time when i didn't come out of my room for almost a week." i rolled my eyes.

noelle takes a roll of newspaper beside the table then lightly smacks my head with it. "you're always so pessimistic, nora." she chuckles. "come on, give your life another chance. i missed out on a lot of things when i was 18 and until today, i still feel pretty bummed about it. you're still young, enjoy it while it lasts. ignore what mom and dad thinks or says about you, they're too old to understand the both of us anyway." she and i bursted out laughing.

i finished my bowl of cereal then stood up. "i'll try my best. i gotta go to school, don't wanna be too late this time."

"oh yeah, let's go. i'm about to go to work too." noelle puts all the plates to the dishwasher then took the door's keys from her pocket. "let's go?"

as i nodded, noelle and i opened the door and got out of the house. unexpectedly, a white van was parked in front of us.

the window rolled down, revealing rodrick with a grin on his face.

"rise and shine, birthday girl!" rodrick greets, making me laugh in amusement. "hop on in, i'll take you to school."

after noelle locks the door, she smirked at me and nudged my shoulder. "what about him? why don't you create good memories with him, if you know what i mean."