six

( track 7: )

somebody to love
jefferson airplane

0:00 •——————— 2:55
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view:

"ugh, i hate this school so much." penelope groaned through the phone as i sat down on one of the lunch tables.

"tell me about it," i took out the squished sandwich i made this morning and a bottle of water. penelope, rue, and sofia go to the same school except for me. they go to a private school while i'm here with a bunch of sissies.

"sofia's phone got confiscated just because she was using it during class. like bitch, duh? her grandmother just called! she has the right to use her phone just to respond to her grandma, mother of god!" penny continued rambling about it as i unwrapped the tin foil from my sandwich. seems like she was way more pissed than sofia was. "ah crap, we better go. classes are starting. ttyl?"

"sure, imma just go eat lunch. good luck!" i then kept my phone inside my pocket then took a bite off my sandwich. unexpectedly, rodrick stomped his lunch tray on the table.

"how the hell are you doing this?" his eyes darted on mine.

"good morning?" i bit on my food once more.

"oh come on, don't act stupid on me." rodrick sat down then started sipping on his juice box.

"i literally have no idea what you're talking about." i drank on my water bottle. "had a rough night, heffley?"

"how are you acting so differently than in..." rodrick looked left and right then moved closer to my face. "the battle of the bands?"

"don't we all act differently outside the school?" i set my sandwich on my notebook. "you're overreacting, take a chill pill."

"yeah, but i'm not used to it. it's just...odd." he then started eating his lunch.

"normally i wouldn't act that way, i gotta admit i was also pretty much tipsy at that time. the dress also added the attitude so i got too much feels from it." i shrugged.

"you drink?"

"occasionally." i replied. "i drank 2 glasses of champagne before the performance. they say that drinking them makes you feel giggly."

"see? you don't even sound like who i thought you were." he munched on some fries. "you always just seemed so timid; someone who doesn't like company, but also frightening in some way."

"yeah but just because i sit in the back and stay silent, doesn't mean i'm always quiet." i rolled my eyes. "but i appreciate that you see me as a mysterious human being."

after eating my sandwich, my wristwatch started beeping which meant that i needed to take my medicine. i took out a purple pouch from my bag then got my container filled with tablets. "hey, do you mind if you could hold this?" without rodrick even responding, he held the purple pouch as i tried swallowing my antidepressants without choking. i'm honestly still not used to drinking tablets, they make me feel like throwing up.

i drank my water from my bottle then took the pouch from rodrick's hand, placing the medicine inside it then dropped the pouch inside my bag.

"so about your band..."

"mhm? what about it?" i asked.

"i searched your band up on the internet and saw that your band has a youtube channel." rodrick said which i nodded in response. "when did you guys decided to create a band together?"