four

( track 5: )

  burning pile ❞
mother mother

0:00 •——————— 4:23
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

usually whenever i go home from school, i either just walk alone or sometimes use my skateboard so not only does it entertain me, it also challenges me to do some random tricks on it too.

but today, i decided to take a ride on the school bus since i felt like i was about to explode at any minute. the ride was pretty unpleasant, if you ask me.

their voices were way more louder than the music coming out of my earphones. can't blame them though, maybe that's just how they socialize normally.

an hour and a half of staring at the window later, i got to leave the bus near rodrick's place. his van was parked there too which made me chuckle, maybe i should've approached him a while ago than rushing out of the school doors without him.

oh wait, i forgot about his brother greg. of course he had to take him home. i'd rather not visit to that old school ever again.

i continued walking through the pavement, looking at the heffley's house as i walked past to it.

as the last song ended, wrecking ball by mother mother started playing making me smile. the intro of the song never fails to make me feel feelings that i couldn't describe, it's odd but very comforting.

i continued humming the song as i got to my house, the street was surprisingly quiet than usual too. maybe it's because most of them are out of their homes.

my parents are in their workplaces while noelle's probably at rammy's house. my sister and him have been together for almost 4 years and they're still standing strong, even his parents are nice to me too.

closing the front door, i let out a sigh and took a trip to the kitchen to get some water from the fridge. all the walking made me feel thirsty.

i filled another glass of water then ran upstairs to my room to finish my homeworks for tomorrow before i forget them and pass out on my bed.

barging in my room, i plopped my bag down on the floor then placed the glass of water on my desk. since it was also quite dim, i pulled the curtains open and the window to let some air in the room as well.

"now, what to do first..." i sighed as i took my bag on the floor then sat on my chair. while i was digging through my messy bag, i glanced at my window and noticed a person standing on the middle of the street. oh god, don't tell me it's him again.

i pulled my window up to see rodrick standing there, awkwardly waving his hand.

"you have nothing to see here heffley, go home." as i was about to close the window, his eyes widened and put his hands up.

“wait! i just want to talk!”

“we literally go to the same school,” i rolled my eyes. “you could've just talked to me earlier!”

“yeah but…” rodrick heavily sighed. “i was supposed to ask you if you'd like to get in my van until i lost you.”

“you literally have my phone number, use it!” i said as i sat on the windowsill.

“hazel–”

“don't make me tell susan heffley that their eldest son is stalking someone comittedley, for 3 days.” i crosses both of my arms then pushed myself back up my bedroom floor. “besides, i want to be alone.”