Chapter 2 ~ Playful Love

This one's a bit shorter but sweet!! Remember, it's the beginning so I have to sort of set up the beginning setting of this story but the story will DEFINITELY pick up quickly VERY soon!!!

Lol anyways enjoy!!!

Sophie's P.O.V

"Omg Keefe— where are you taking me?! I have to get to class!" Sophie shrieked as Keefe dragged her across the courtyard in front of Foxfire, letting a few giggles slip.

Keefe's classes for college started later in the day than when Foxfire started so Keefe was the one to usually drop Sophie off for school.

It was something she enjoyed since she barely got to see Keefe lately.

An especially after the incident last night, Keefe had made sure to pick up Sophie early after she explained the situation to him and how she felt. He told her that what she needed was a distraction.

She was interested in finding out what that was going to be about.

"Shh! This is a Foster kidnapping! You're not supposed to be laughing!" Keefe exclaimed with a serious expression, but Sophie could see the playful mischief in his eyes.

"Make me stop laughing," Sophie challenged, trying to keep her giggles in.

Keefe then made an abrupt stop and spun around to face Sophie. His usual smirk was present as he raised an eyebrow.

Sophie was sort of short compared to Keefe so she had to tilt her head up a little to be able to look him in the eye.

She bit her lip and crossed her arms when Keefe continued to stare at her. "Well?" Sophie questioned.

Keefe then slowly brought a hand toward Sophie's face and cupped her cheek. The minute his skin touched hers, her stomach immediately erupted with flutters and she could feel her face heat up.

Sophie's eyes locked with Keefe's and then he slowly began to lean forward. Her heart started to beat at a rapid pace and Sophie couldn't keep her thoughts straight.

Sophie felt silly to be getting so excited for a guy...but Keefe just had that effect on her.

Sophie then closed her eyes as Keefe was about to close in for the kiss. For one second, nothing happened and then in an instant, Sophie was flipped upside down, making her heart jump.

Her eyes opened immediately and she realized Keefe had flipped her over his shoulder and was now running away with her.

"KEEFE SENCEN! PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!" Sophie shrieked as she felt terror as every second made her feel more dizzy. She was terrified Keefe was going to drop her any second.

Keefe started to cackle and he asked, "what's wrong Foster? Thought you were getting a kiss?!"

Sophie immediately felt her face burn in embarrassment. "Oh my gosh Keefe! You are the worst!"

"Nah, you love me! And I think I succeeded at making you stop laughing," Keefe exclaimed, finally putting Sophie down now. They were at some hill with a big tree that was near the end of the perimeter of Foxfire.

Sophie started to stumble when Keefe set her down but Keefe held her steady. Immediately, she shoved him away, annoyed with him.

"You're such a rat!" Sophie bickered, glaring at Keefe.

Keefe chuckled. "If I wasn't such a rat, you wouldn't love me as much!"

Sophie felt her cheeks blush againnn, for what must have been the millionth time today. "You, Keefe Sencen, are in college and you still enjoy messing with me. You always have," Sophie said, rolling her eyes, though secretly she was making a mental note about how much cuter Keefe had gotten since when they first met.

"Hey, what else am I here for? Pestering Foster is my job," Keefe reminded.

Sophie scoffed. "Is this why you dragged me across the front of Foxfire? To tell me you enjoy pestering me?!"

Keefe smirked. "Sure, why not."

Sophie looked down at her phone to see she only had a minute left till class started. "Gosh, Keefe, you are a joke. I seriously got to get to class!"

Sophie then spun around to try to run to Foxfire but Keefe grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Keefe, stop! I'm going to be late!"

"Who cares? Ditching is wayyy better," Keefe argued.

"Keefe! You are in college! You should now understand ditching is not what you should be doing!" Sophie exclaimed.

Keefe's only response was a smirk but when Sophie glared at him, he let out a dramatic sigh. "Fineeee, I'll let you go. But promise me you'll meet me after school at my job? I have a surprise for you."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Fine, Keefe. Now, I really have to go!"

Sophie then tried to turn around again, but that RAT decided to grab her arm AGAIN!

"One more thing!" Keefe exclaimed quickly.

Keefe pulled her in close to give her a tight hug and then gave Sophie a kiss on her forehead that made her shiver.

Keefe then gave a small smile and moved a strand of Sophie's hair behind her ear. "Okay, now I'm done," Keefe whispered.

Sophie felt her face blush as she tried to cover her smile. "You're ridiculous Keefe."

Sophie then let herself get one last look at Keefe before she started to run off to Foxfire.

When she was near the entrance, she heard Keefe call out, "AND YOU LOVE IT!"

Sophie shook her head and smiled as she entered her school. Suddenly, the final bell rang for first period.

Ugh!! She was late!

Sophie could still feel the butterflies in her stomach from when Keefe kissed her. And it was only on the forehead!

Seriously, what was Keefe doing to her?

Next update on Wednesday!! Btw some sTuFf is going to happen next chapter 👀 😱 SO STAY TUNED!!