Chapter 45 ~ Secret

Dex's P.O.V

Dex stumbled back in complete shock as he just witnessed Biana hypnotizing Keefe.

Biana's head snapped around when she heard his stumble so he quickly ducked down. After a few seconds, she looked back at Keefe who was still being controlled by the crystals.

Dex still couldn't process what was happening as he silently watched. He had been searching for Marella all day after coming back from a search with Grady and Wylie.

She was supposed to stay at the hotel but for some reason, she had disappeared.

So Dex came to this hotel where the other group were staying at, thinking Marella might have come over here and that's when he caught Biana doing whatever she was doing.

Dex had no idea what Biana was trying to do but he knew something was very off and it couldn't be good. Keefe wasn't even supposed to be here— he was supposed to be recovering while going to his father's funeral back home.

This whole situation was wrong, and Dex couldn't make sense of any of it.

He just knew he had to make sure he wasn't seen because who knew what Biana would do if she caught him. Maybe she would even control him.

Dex continued to picture the glowing blue crystals Biana had used and felt something familiar surface somewhere in his memories. Then it came to him.

When Dex had gone to the marketplace, he had purchased a book about the legends of the caves in Tennessee.

He recalled reading through it one night and there was some legend about mind controlling crystals.

It seemed unrealistic so Dex must have skimmed through it. He then realized he needed to look back into it and figure out what he was really dealing with.

As he watched Biana slip into the bathroom after mind controlling Keefe to leave, Dex made his move to escape.

Biana couldn't know he had seen everything.

Once he made it back to his hotel where his group was, he realized hat everyone was still asleep so he needed to remain quiet.

Dex then hurriedly made his way to his things and grabbed the book he had bought that day.

He quickly flipped through the pages until he found exactly what he was looking for.

He read through every detail, taking notes. He then began to research as much as he could about these blue crystals. It was important he knew what he was dealing with and how they even worked.

Apparently they were very rare crystals found in deep depths of very few caves. There have been a few findings of them being underwater but no one had been able to ever bring the crystals back. They were supposed to cause someone to be able to have the power to control minds but as of now, it was just a legend.

Dex still couldn't understand how Biana had even gotten her hands on them and what she even wanted them for.

It couldn't be to just control Keefe to kiss her— at least he hoped that wasn't it.

It had to be something bigger.

Dex felt guilty for even thinking this...but could the Neverseen have any relation to this?

This would be something that they would probably really want.

But how does it even tie with Biana?