Chapter 12 ~ Choppy Choppy

Sophie's P.O.V

Sophie's stomach ached— it felt like her guts were being crushed and taken out. Her hair was a mess, pieces of it in her mouth which was so dry. She could even taste the dust from the ground in her mouth.

She didn't know exactly how long she had been at the exact same spot of this empty room, but she guessed it had already been days.

She was alone, starving and absolutely freezing from the cold temperatures. Her face was sticky from all the tears that had come out when she thought about her family and friends.

How long would this go on before she died?

No, she couldn't die. She knew the Neverseen wouldn't allow that. They had taken her for a reason— whatever it was.

She was going to die eventually if they kept her here. But they probably assumed Sophie would eventually give in and join the Neverseen before she did starve to death.

Of course, Sophie didn't want to make the Neverseen happy that she had given up.

But then she thought about her family. Of Sophie died, they would be heartbroken, even her friends, and she couldn't do that to them.

But if she have in to the Neverseen, who knew what they would make her do.

Unless she could somehow escape...or eventually convince them to let her go once they were done with her...

But what were the chances of that?

Well...there was Wylie. But because he left them...it costed him a terrible price.

His father's life.

If Sophie were to even think of escaping, what would they do to her?

But then again, technically they could hurt or kill anyone that Sophie loved at any time. They've done it before...

So technically it didn't matter if she joined them or not, they could always hurt her.

But what would become of Sophie? They may make her do things that she would have never imagined doing and they may tear her apart.

No, she wouldn't let them. She would be strong.

Sophie thought about it for a little more and the more she did, the more she realized she was accomplishing nothing by letting herself die.

If she wanted to see her family and friends again, she had to try.

Even if it meant agreeing to the Neverseen's terms again.

Because in the end, Sophie would rather let herself get destroyed than the people she loved.

This wasn't giving up...this was allowing the enemy to think they won for now.

Sophie tried to look up as if trying to see if they were watching her right now.

They probably were— Sophie had no doubt there were cameras in this room.

And they were just waiting, for her to give in.

And that's exactly what she was going to do. "I give up! I'll join!" Sophie yelled, or at least tried to. She hadn't realized how hoarse and weak her voice was.

She waited a second for someone to respond but no one did.

"Hello?! Please! PLEASE! I SAID I WILL DO WHAT YOU ASKED!" Sophie tried again, using the last bit of her strength to yell louder.

Sophie sat there and started to think that maybe they didn't hear her.

But suddenly, part of one of the walls slid open and a young women Sophie didn't know stepped in.