Chapter 23 ~ Bandaged Up

Sophie's P.O.V

Sophie's vision blurred as she held back her tears and held her cut hand against her chest. The pain was horrible and she knew she was losing lots of blood.

Breathe. It's going to be fine, Sophie tried telling herself.

But she knew it wasn't. Now she was officially caught in the Neverseen and she has no idea how she was going to get out.

"Come this way," Carter said with his deep voice, looking back at her for a second and rubbing his eyes.

Sophie looked up and saw him turning left.

"Don't I need— um st-stitches or something?" Sophie asked, weakly.

"What would be the point of the cut if you were to try and make it disappear with stitches?" Carter asked.

Sophie frowned. "I wish it would disappear," she said under her breath. She couldn't help feeling like she would have a huge scar to remind her of this forever.

Carter gave her a look and Sophie gasped when she realized he probably heard her say that.

Way to go Sophie! You can't even go a few minutes after officially joining before you blow it!

"Oh um—" Sophie squeaked, feeling her cheeks redden.

Carter waved his hand to stop her from talking. "C'mon, we're almost there."

Sophie nervously gulped and continued to follow him.

"Here," Carter said, making a stop in front of a door and opening it up.

Sophie hesitantly stepped in to see it was some kind of medic room.

She made her way over to sit on the stool, trying to ignore the way Carter's strange brown eyes watched her.

Once she sat down, Carter made his way to a cabinet and started to grab some medical tape and bandage wraps.

Sophie nervously looked down at her hand. "Are you a um medic or something?" She asked.

Carter looked back at her and shook his dark wavy hair. "Uh no."

"Oh," Sophie mumbled.

"But I think I know what I'm doing," he added.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "How assuring."

Sophie noticed a small smile pulling at the edges of his lips but he kept a straight face.

"Hold out your hand," Carter instructed.

Sophie then stuck out her shaky hand, blood dripping on the ground. "Oh I'm sorry—"

"Don't worry, I'll clean it," he said, starting to wrap Sophie's hand.

Sophie sucked in a huge breath and clenched her teeth to keep her from yelling out in pain.

"Sorry, am I hurting you?" Carter asked, pulling his hands away from her hurt hand and looking her in the eyes.