Chapter 17 ~ Attempt

Linh's P.O.V

"Oooo what smells so good?" Linh asked, skipping into the kitchen.

"Crepes," Biana replied. "My mom taught me how to make them," Biana added, her voice having a strange tone.

"All I know is that I'm taking a whole tray," Keefe announced, already sitting down.

"Hey! You got to leave some for us!" Fitz exclaimed, gesturing to everyone else.

Keefe shrugged. "That's too bad, we will just have to see who gets them first."

"You kids need to relax! I'm sure there will be enough for everyone if we all take the same amount," Mr. Forkle said, looking at Keefe.

Linh smiled a little but that changed when she saw her brother trudge into the kitchen with a hood over his face.

She was actually starting to get very concerned. Tam wasn't talking or even acting like himself lately. He looked like he was ready for someone to attack him any second.

Suddenly, the phone rang. "I'll get it," Linh volunteered, getting up to pick up the hotel phone.

"Hello?" Linh asked, holding the phone to her ear.

"Hey Linh! It's Marella," Marella answered.

"Oh hey! We haven't heard from you guys in a while," Linh replied.

Linh could see everyone looking at her, knowing she was speaking to the other group in Tennessee.

"Yeah, it got a little crazy when we got off the train but we're safe now," Marella said.

"Yeah, nothing too exciting happened around here," Linh replied.

"Well, that might change! My mom called me up today and she told me she saw something that may be important in San Diego when she went to work," Marella explained.

Linh stood up. "What did she see?!"

"She said she saw a marking of a flame at this building. Don't you remember that a flame is the Neverseen's sign?" Marella reminded her.

"Oh my! Maybe that's where their hideout is!" Linh exclaimed.

Linh could see everyone looking intently at her now.

"Yeah, exactly! My mom gave me the address of the place so I'll send it to you," Marella said.

"Okay, that's great! It's good that at least you guys are figuring things out," Linh said.

"Yeah, hopefully this is a hit. Just remember to be careful," Marella warned.

"We will," Linh assured.

"Alright, Dex and I are going to look at something so I'll go," Marella concluded.

"Alright, stay safe— bye!" Linh said.

"Bye!" Marella said, hanging up.

"Well?" Mr. Forkle asked, crossing his arms.

"Marella's group figured out a place here in San Diego that could lead us to the Neverseen! She's gonna send the address to us," Linh exclaimed.

Biana's face brightened. "That's good news!"

"Not exactly, we don't know for sure if Marella is right," Mr. Forkle said.

"Wow, way to be so negative, Forkleman," Keefe said, getting up.

"First, please do not call me Forkleman. And two, where do you think you're going?" Mr. Forkle exclaimed.