Chapter 49 ~ The Fight

Dex's P.O.V

Dex watched as Keefe ran off into a taxi to go to wherever he needed to go that apparently needed to be kept a secret from everyone for now.

Dex just hated how everyone was keeping secrets which only made him limit his trust even more.

He tried to make a list of people he could trust but it wasn't very long.

Just as Dex was about to go back to the hotel room where the others were locked up waiting for Mr. Forkle to come back, he saw a figure trudging towards him that had entered the building.

He squinted his eyes to see the person looked extremely exhausted and their clothes were ripped.

Dex's eyes widened when he realized it was Marella. "Marella!" Dex exclaimed, trying to rush as fast as he could over to her— though his prosthetic leg caused a real struggle.

She looked up and exclaimed, "Dex! Please help!"

He reached her and said, "you don't look so good. Are you okay?!"

"Gee thanks," Marella mumbled, using Dex for support. "And yeah...I'm fine."

"Where on earth have you been?! I've been searching for you!" Dex exclaimed, finding a place for them to sit.

"Uhm...well I got into a fight," Marella mumbled, not making eye contact with Dex.

"With Linda?" Dex asked.

Dex then remembered the night Linda had called him right after he caught Biana controlling Keefe with the crystals. He had planned to go over to help Linda but couldn't when Mr. Forkle had stopped him.

"How did you know?!" Marella exclaimed, looking up.

"Linda called me up. She was seriously injured and needed help," Dex said.

"That drama queen," Marella muttered.

"She said you hurt her real bad— she said you attacked her," Dex said, now narrowing his eyes at her.

"What?! No!" Marella exclaimed.

"Then what happened?! Did you not attack her?" Dex questioned, crossing his arms.

"Uh," Marella gulped and tucked a strand of her hair behind her hair. "Well...maybe I did— BUT she provoked me!"

"MARELLA!" Dex yelled. "How could you even do such a thing?! That's not like you at all!"

Seriously, what had gotten into her?!

"Well she needed to learn a lesson!"Marella defended, standing up too.

"What are you talking about?!" Dex asked, confused.

"You cheated on me with LINDA!" Marella accused with a disgusted look.

"WHAT?!" Dex shouted, shocked. People in the lobby turned their heads.

But seriously, WHAT?!

Out of all the things Marella could have said, that was the last thing he expected!

"Yeah! I know what you and Linda have been up to! I saw her and you texting each other! Linda is always being so flirty!" Marella said.

"Wait hold on— you went through my PHONE?!" Dex exclaimed, not believing this at all.

"I HAD TO! She kept calling you and I was getting suspicious! Plus you didn't tell me anything!" Marella yelled.

"THERE'S NOTHING FOR ME TO TELL YOU!" Dex yelled back. "That's just Linda being her clingy self! I would never cheat!"

"Yeah?! Well in a voicemail she said she wanted you to come over to finish something you started last time! WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?! HUH?!" Marella accused.

"WHAT?! She was probably talking about a project we needed to finish together! WE ARE IN AN ENGINEERING CLUB TOGETHER, REMEMBER?!" Dex explained, now furious at how ridiculous this all was.

How could Marella even think of such things like this?!

"Oh," Marella mumbled. "Well the fortune teller at the marketplace told me there would be betrayals! It seemed obvious to me that it was you cheating on me!"

"Huh?! What fortune teller?! That doesn't even make sense!" Dex exclaimed.

"You know what— it doesn't even matter! Linda even told me that you and her did have a thing!" Marella yelled, her face starting to turn red with anger.

"AND YOU'RE GOING TO BELIEVE LINDA OVER ME?! Your own BOYFRIEND?!" Dex exclaimed, feeling betrayed.

"I don't know!" Marella cried out.

Dex scoffed and backed up. "I can't believe this. I've been searching everywhere for you— worrying sick all to find out it's all about you having a stupid accusation against me that I'm cheating?!"

Marella didn't say anything for a few seconds, now looking down. "I didn't know..." she mumbled.

"No," Dex said, putting a hand up. "You've betrayed my trust, my privacy, and our relationship."

"I'm really sorry Dex! I just really thought you were cheating!" Marella exclaimed, her eyes pooling with tears.

"And you thought starting a fight with Linda would be a solution?! Why didn't you just come and talk to me?!" Dex questioned.

Marella started to cry. Dex wanted to feel bad and comfort her but he was too angry at what she had done.

He really thought he was in a healthy relationship with her.

"You know, maybe that stupid fortune teller was talking about you— you betrayed me," Dex spat, glaring at her. Marella gasped and backed up.

"That isn't true!" Marella exclaimed.

"You know what, I can't deal with this right now. A lot happened while you were gone so you should have one of the others catch you up. I don't have the time right now to be focusing on ridiculous matters," Dex said, looking away.

"Dex, I didn't know," Marella repeated.

"This is a mission for us to find Sophie, and now you're turning it into this? Again, I'm not dealing with this right now. We need to get back to the others," Dex said, realizing he was wasting so much time.

He would just have to deal with this fight later. It might be a while from now depending on how things go.

With that, Dex stormed off to go back to the room, not checking if Marella was following behind him.

Dex's list of who he could trust just narrowed down to no one.