Chapter 21 ~ Reset

Biana's P.O.V

"Is he going to be okay?!" Biana asked the doctor.

The doctor looked up from his clipboard and sighed. "Mr. Forkle will be alright. He was just beat up pretty bad and needs to rest and recover."

"Will we be able to bring him back tonight?" Keefe asked, looking a bit strange.

"We should be able to send him home in an hour or so and I will give you a list of instructions for him to follow," he explained.

"Okay, thank you," Biana said.

"When can we see him?" Linh asked.

"You should be able to in a few minutes. Just wait right here," the doctor instructed, walking off.

"This is really bad," Keefe mumbled.

"Uh, yeah bro," Fitz said, putting his face in his hands.

Once they had found Mr. Forkle unconscious on the ground, they had called the ambulance and had rushed him to the hospital that they are currently at. They had been waiting a couple of hours and it was already late at night.

"I knew this whole thing was a bad idea," Tam mumbled under his breath.

"Hey, how were we supposed to know this was all a trap?!" Biana asked, crossing her arms.

"How were you supposed to know it wasn't?! You guys are too desperate that you aren't even considering the negative outcomes! Now we pay the price with having Mr. Forkle nearly dying!" Tam snapped.

It got dead silent and Biana felt her cheeks heat up when she realized he was right.

All this time, she was thinking how weird and crazy he was for being so cautious and now they had to pay the price.

"Speaking of this trap, we need to figure out how they even located our hotel number and were able to mimic Marella's voice," Linh added a minute later.

"I bet they have recorded Marella's voice before in the past and were able to use it to say whatever they wanted to lure us into their trap," Biana guessed.

"And I bet they knew where we were staying at this whole time and were just waiting for the right time to strike," Fitz added.

"You know what's weird. They left Mr. Forkle beat up on the ground. Why didn't they take him or at least kill him?" Biana asked, confused now.

"That's a good question..." Linh mumbled.

"Maybe...they want him alive," Keefe said, slowly.

"For what? What help would Forkle give to them?" Biana asked.

No one seemed to have an answer.

"You can see Mr. Forkle now," the doctor said, coming up behind them.

They were then guided to his room and Biana felt strange vibes the entire time.

She didn't know why. This whole situation just seemed so weird, everything was so suspicious and made no sense.

Why did the Neverseen want Sophie now? What was Tam hiding and how does Monica relate to it all? Why was Mr. Forkle spared?

Why was Mai and Quan's house just open for them to roam in? Why were the location of their hideouts openly displayed?!

So many questions filled her mind, and Biana could just feel herself getting more stressed by the minute.

She decided to put all the doubt and worry and confusion to the side as she entered the room where Mr. Forkle was being treated.

"Mr. Forkle!" Everyone exclaimed, rushing in.

"You kids," Mr. Forkle grumbled. He almost looked embarrassed at the fact that he was all beat up.

"How are you feeling?" Linh asked.

"You kids don't worry. I'm gonna get to go back to our hotel tonight and everything will be fine," Mr. Forkle said.

"Fine?! Dude, you just got attacked. You're not worried it will happen again?!" Tam questioned.

"Don't worry, I don't think they'll be coming back for now," Mr. Forkle mumbled, looking off to the side.

"Why's that?" Fitz asked.

Mr. Forkle remained silent, like he was dozing off.

"So what even happened?" Biana asked.

Mr. Forkle coughed and faced them again. "I followed the directions and as I was approaching the area, I heard some guys saying some...uh suspicious stuff so they caught me listening. And when they realized who I was, and I realized that they were Neverseen members, I started to chase them. Little did I know that I chased them right into the alley where there were a bunch of members just waiting for me and to beat me up and questioned me. The last thing I remember is them leaving me there in the rain," he told.

"Wait— what suspicious things were they saying?" Biana asked, noticing how he hesitated.

"Uh...you know— villain kind of talk," Mr. Forkle said, not looking Biana in the eye.

Hmm...

Forkle man was hiding something...

"What did they question you about?" Linh asked.

"Uh just basic information about what we were doing and where the other gang was," Mr. Forkle said.

That was kind of vague too...

"Well we need to be more careful now," Keefe said.

"Yeah, we might have to change to a different hotel now that they know where we are," Fitz said.

"How do you know that?" Mr. Forkle asked.

"Because they were the ones that called us earlier today," Biana said. She then informed him about how it had not been Marella's group this morning that had contacted them and how this had all been a trap by the Neverseen.

"I see..." Mr. Forkle mumbled. "I think we can start worrying about that once I fully recover."

"So what do we do now?" Tam asked.

"I think we need to take a break and just stay low key until I recover," Mr. Forkle suggested.

Everyone nodded. That was understandable. They needed to take a break from searching after all that had happened already.

With that, it wasn't long after until they sent Mr. Forkle back to the hotel with the group and they were settled back in.

Later that night when Biana was about to go to bed, Keefe approached her.

Biana noticed he was still wearing his shoes and jacket and she was going to question him about it until he said, "so, since we are taking a break from searching, I think it's time we come up with a plan."

"A plan for what?" Biana asked.

"A plan to bust Bangs Boy."