Chapter 35: Point Zero

POV: Narrator

Have you ever felt so strongly about something that you just couldn't take it? The way the blood pumped through your body, how your heart beat was steady but your brain was going a million miles an hour. Have you ever felt completely and utterly helpless? Like your own body betrayed you. Well then you might understand what Jami felt when she couldn't teleport Bakugou away. Don't be confused, it wasn't because she couldn't save Bakugou, it was because when she needed her power most, it failed her. When her friends were relying on her to be a hero she was utterly helpless. She knew teleportation quirks reacted to each other weirdly but she didn't think that Kurogiri would be able to nullify her power completely. It wasn't fair. But Jami should have realized by now. Life isn't fair, things don't go as planned, it's not all fun and games. Even if you show up on time it doesn't mean you don't have a bad day. As Kurogiri closed his Warpgate Jami felt weak for the first time in her life. Because of her quirk she grew up believing she was basically untouchable.

She couldn't stand it, her body began to react on its own and her nerves started vibrating like crazy out of pure adrenalin. She didn't even notice the purple light that was emitting from her body. She felt like she was vibrating every muscle in her body non stop until it hurt. Then in a flash of violet light she was gone. Leaving Midoriya, Todoroki, and Shouji to wonder what had happened, their only clue was a pair of orange converse with light grass stains sitting on the ground still laced.

Jami wasn't sure where she was. She was ankle deep in clear water that shimmers with sparkles and blue highlights. As she looked around she appeared to be entirely alone. Despite her attempts to teleport she was unable. So she did the only thing she could think of. She walked forward. What else was the girl to do? The area around her was light and clear, as if she was standing in an open field or on top of a mountain. "What is this place?" She asked herself as she let out a sigh. At her words the water she was standing in morphed slightly. It started to grow? The water raised and took the shape of a large stone before it suddenly hardened. Jami blinked a few times before going wide eyed at the 8ft tall stone that was now infront of her. Hesitantly she touched the stone with her hand. Nothing happened. But on closer inspection she noticed writing engraved on it.

It said 'Welcome to Point Zero, the place where Space Time started and ended. The place that is forever changing yet also still." Jami's eyes went wide as she processed what was writing on the stone. "WHAT THE HELL!" She said loudly as confusion bubbled to the surface. The water started to rise again and took the form of another rock which read. "A place according to biblical texts as the place humans go when they die if they are sinners in the eyes of God." This made Jami roll her eyes. "So the birthplace of the universe has a Siri?" Jami mumbles before walking away from the rocks not even bothering to look at the new one that had appeared. "HELLO! Anyone else hear!?" Jami yelled. Her voice rippling across the ankle deep water. At her words the water current began to change and the slop that was once flat tilted down. "This can't be good." Jami mumbled before falling backwards into the water. The current carried the blond for what felt like an hour, not allowing the girl to change course despite her attempts to resist.

The waters eventually stopped and the plain re-levels allowing the soaking wet Jami to get to her feet. "This is not what I meant." she said aloud. The waters started to flow backward again. "NO STOP ITS FINE!" Jami says in a panic causing the waters to become still again. Jami then took a moment to catch her breath before she looked around and noticed that the scenery had changed slightly. She was now standing in front of a very large tree looking structure. It appeared to be made of tinted glass and she could see that its roots burrowed deeply to the floor beneath the water. The branches reached up and out and held what appeared to be giant glowing dew drops, and in the trunk only 20 feet away from her was a blue door with golden accents. Jami walked forward while ringing out her shirt in an attempt to get the water off her. She reached the door and held her hand up to hit but paused. "What if im attacked or it's a trap?" she asked herself but she knew she didn't have much of a choice. What else was she to do?