Chapter 46: Your Presence is Requested

POV: Kai Chisaki

"I still think it's a bad idea. Recruiting a UA brat? Seems too risky." Kurono said as we watched over the UA sports festival tapes.

He had a point it was almost idiotic trusting the girl known as Jami Paris. According to his research she had just gotten her provisional hero license and was looking for an agency to intern at. So far she had only been to Sir Nighteyes, but surveillance footage shows her storming out the front door, which was reassuring at least.

"It is risky... But she would be a benefit. It's easier to make evidence disappear with the help of someone who can literally make things teleport." I replied thinking back to how she cleansed my face.

"Well she seems pissed off at the hero's right now." Kurono said, pointing to the surveillance feed of her turning into a back alleyway. We couldn't see her anymore but the way her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance spoke wonders. It was almost cute.

"Contact her"

~

Pov: Jami

I finally managed to find an alleyway with no security cameras around. Making a big scene wasn't really my thing, but it was the best way to disconnect any affiliation with Nighteyes agency.

"What the fuck have I gotten myself into?" I asked myself quietly as I clicked on one of my black stud earrings. Well they were trackers, not that anyone else needed to know that. But at least now Nighteye knew where I was, And if I was ever in trouble I could trigger a distress signal to him.

Then I felt my phone buzz.

I looked down to see an unknown number.

Unknown: Your presence is requested.

"Well that's unsettling." I say allowed before typing.

Jami: And this is?

Unknown: *insert random address and coordinates here*

I quickly put the address into google maps. Turns out, it was the Shie Hassaikai's main house.

Jami: You could have just said this was the Yakuza without needing to be so fucking creepy.

Jami: See ya in a few seconds.

There was no other response, but I could tell they had read my message.

I made a point to fix my button up before teleporting near the address listed.

"Fuck maybe joining the Yakuza wasent such a bad idea." I think to myself as I look at the large traditional style mansion. There weren't many windows and the walls were high so I couldn't make out what was happening on the inside. But it was still a fancy mansion, so you gotta give them props for that.

I teleported past the gate and walked up to the front door and knocked loudly.

No response.

"I swear if they just leave me out here for no reason imma-"

The front door cracked slightly, revealing a person in a similar plague doctor mask to Overhaul. although this one covered his whole face.

"My presence was requested?" I say with an eye role, holding up my phone to the open text thread.

There was no response, but the man in front of me opened the door a bit wider allowing me to step inside.

It was cold and dark, not a single one of the ceiling lights were on and there was no decoration on the walls.