Chapter 25: Peat the Elephant Man

Class 1-A stood on the train platform.

"Everyone has their costumes right? Remember you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet, and don't lose them. And make sure you mind your manors with the other heroes at your internship. I'm talking to you Paris." Aizawa said, looking at me intensely. "Hey! I mind my manners!" I retort but he gives me 'Are you fucking kidding me" look and I shut up. "Now get moving." He says dismissing us to our trains. Since I had decided to train with Sniper he gave me the address I was supposed to meet him at. I pulled up google maps and teleported there. I arrived in front of a large gray building with a rusted sign that read "Peats Range." hanging above the door. "Well this is not what I was expecting." I mumble as I walk in. The inside was a lot cooler than the outside. It had smooth wood floors and the walls were covered with wacky art and objects from like the 1950's. "Wow." I say admiring the polished Bar and old fashioned Juke Box and Piano, a smile spreading onto my face. "Who are you?" a man who had the head of an elephant asked, making me to jump in place. "Hi, Im Jami Paris, who are you?"

"I ask the questions here...." He said almost threateningly, making me gulp. "The names Peat, what brings a school girl into my shooting range?"

"I'm here to intern with Sniper. Do you know him?" I ask nervously as Peat looks at me with suspicion. "Ohh, you're the brat Sunaipu was talking to me about. Welcome kid, the man you're looking for is in the back."he says pointing to a silver metal door that reads 'Range'. Past the metal door was a large plain looking room with soundproof foam on the main walls. My eyes go wide as I see Sniper shooting bullets at a human shaped target. "Hey Sunaipu, this brat is here to see you." Peat yells causing the Teacher to put his guns away and walk over. "Welcome Paris, go put some gym clothes on and meet me back here. Your training starts now." He said pointing to the bathroom. "Got it." I say running to the bathroom then teleporting back out. "So what are we doing?" I ask now wearing Orange sweat pants and a white tank top. "You're my target." he says, I couldn't see his smirk because of his mask but I knew it was there.

Sniper or Sunaipu's plan was to shoot bullets at me and I could only use my quirk to block or avoid his attack. "Right, because that's not dangerous." I say sarcastically while walking out towards the shooting dummy. "Hey Sunaipu, don't go killing that kid on my property. That's a lot of paperwork." Peat says before going back out to the bar part. "That's reassuring." I mumble looking at Sunaipu. "Ok Jami, I'm going to fire 3 bullets at you. You are going to use your quirk to evade." He explains before cocking his gun. I nod

I'm not gonna let those hit me, As soon as I hear the gun go off I yell "SPACE WALL." Which covered me from the front, and the bullet went right through it.

"BANG"

The next one goes and I open another 'Space Wall' but this time the bullet goes around it and I barely managed to open another portal to block it.

"BANG."

"SPACE WALL." but the bullet never made contact with my portal. "Where did it- GHA." I say as I felt something hard hit my ear, I felt something warm run down my cheek. I reach my hand up and feel it's wet. I bring my hand down a rub warm bright green liquid between my fingers. "Is this paint?" I ask recognising the acrylic smell. "Did you really think I was gonna shoot you?" He asked, slightly amused. "I mean we are in a shooting range." I point out making him laugh.

"Paris, don't use your ears. Watch the bullet leave the barrel of the gun so you know where it's going." He says it's the most obvious thing. " Paris please explain to me how you open portals. "I just kinda do it, they pop up where I want and are as stable as my nerve endings."

"So you don't need your arms or legs?" He asked

"Um no."

"Then why do you lift your hands out when you open a portal, it tells me exactly what area you're going to open one in." He points out making my eyes go wide in realization. "Also, when you make a portal' Can you move it around?" He asks, making me think for a moment. "I can move a portal so it faces a different direction, like say I have a portal with the opening facing me then spin it so its facing to the left or right. And I can make them bigger or smaller but that's difficult to control. But I can't push them forward and backward at people." I explain making Sunaipu nod.