Chapter 12: Secrets

POV: Jami

"That was quite the show you put on for us Paris." Mineta said, giving me two thumbs up when I walked through the door."What's that supposed to mean?" I ask confused at the word choice of the grape boy. "Ignore him Jami, You were awesome!" Tsu said walking up to me. "Thanks but you should be giving your praise to Todoroki and Shouji, they're the ones who won." I say with a sad smile. "I mean they were cool too but watching you fight and out maneuver the other team was super intriguing to watch." Kiri said, smiling at me. "Not to mention when you and Todoroki pinned each other to the ground!" Mina said through excited giggles, "is that what Mineta meant by 'show'?" I was mildly amused. "I'm afraid so." Tsu answered for the class. "I mean it makes sense," I say turning to Todoroki who was standing beside me. "We were pretty intimate with each other weren't we? " I ask him, acting oblivious. "I was too caught up in the battle to think about anything like that." I lie smoothly, twiddling my thumbs with a slight blush on my face. I then turn my body to be facing Todoroki directly and grab his hands

"My actions didn't make you uncomfortable did they Todoroki?" I ask him, my taunting eyes not matching my innocent voice causing Todoroki to smirk slightly at my fake concern. "I two was too caught up in battle to think about anything too indecent." Todoroki bordley but his eyes told me a different story. "So you guys are just friends?" Mina asked a little disappointed at our answers while Sero and Kaminari fist bump each other as she spoke. "Something like that, sorry to disappoint you Mina." I say shrugging.

"All Right Settle down!" All Might said before he started rambling analyzing our fight.

~

Back in the classroom

~

Midoriya and Bakugou conversation was playing on repeat in my head, "Did Midoriya really hide his quirk his whole life? And if so then why? And why did Bakgou care so much?" were just a few examples. I saw Midoriya walk into the classroom and immediately bombarded with praise from his classmates. Which he didn't know how to react to so he was a stuttering mess as they all introduced themselves, which made me laugh slightly as I watched from my desk.

I should probably apologize for listening in on their conversation. I stand up to walk over to Midoriya when he suddenly runs out of the room. "Where's he going?" I ask aloud. "He just asked where Bakugou was and when I told him he left, he just bolted." Uraraka replies. "Damn now I gotta run after the twerp." I mumble before running down the halls after him. As I reach the stairs I see Bakugou from the window, walking towards the gate and I decide to just teleport to him knowing Midoriya will catch up to him eventually. "Bakugou! I say teleporting in front of him which resulted in me getting punched in the gut by a surprised Bakugou. "Do you just punch everything you see?" I ask clutching my stomach as I stumble back slightly. "You shouldn't sneak up on people Peaches." He grumbled while sticking his hands in his pockets. "That's what my mom keeps telling me, but anyway I wanted to tell you-" "Kachan!" Midoiya yells from behind us "What...." Bakgou says Darkly as he turns slightly to see Midoriya. "I gotta tell you something, Maybe then you'll understand what's been going on." Midoriya says looking down at his toes trembling slightly. "I wasn't hiding my quirk from you.... It was given to me by someone else...recently, but I can't tell you who I got it from so don't ask. I know it sounds crazy like something out of a comic book or a TV show, but I don't have control over this power yet that's why I didn't use it against you in the exercises." Midoriya explained not meeting the blond boy's eyes. Not seeing how Bakugou was seething with rage. "I still have a lot to learn, I know that but..... I'll work until I have full control of this borrowed quirk. And I'll finally beat you with my own power!" Midoriya says, finally raising his head to look Bakugou in the eyes. I couldn't believe my ears, could it really be possible to pass a quirk from person to person? I ask myself as Bakugou turns to face Midoriya completely. "How Dumb do you think I am?" He seethed out, making Midoriya flinch. "Borrowed power? Don't talk to me like i'm an idiot, you already made a fool out of me in the damn training exercise. Did you come hear to rub it in?! I lost and to make matters worse I lost to you!" Bakuogou cried out, visibly shaking like he was after he saw Midoriya use his quirk for the first time. "I came in first! But it's not enough, When I saw Half and Half freeze the whole building in one shot, I realized I couldn't beat him in a head to head fight! damit! Damit!! DAMIT!!!" Bakugou Yelled. "Enjoy that win DEKU! Because you wont get another!" Bakugou said, his voice cracking slightly with tears threatening to fall. "I'M GONNA BE THE NO. 1 HERO NO MATTER WHAT!" Bakugou shouted before he Stormed off, But he didn't get too far because All Might Appeared out of nowhere and started running after him causing my hair to blow around wildly as he passed me. I couldn't hear what All Might was saying but it didn't seem to help the blond, if anything he looked worse as he walked away from the No. 1 Hero. "Well that went well." I say sarcastically trying to clear the air. Midoriya jumped at my sudden burst. "PARIS! Since when have you been here?" He asked me, shaking slightly. "I was here before you showed up." I say casually "And not be so nervous I'm not gonna beat you up." "Right...." he said, taking a few deep breaths.

"So you heard what I said about my quirk?" He asked looking me in the eye, his past nervousness replaced by a serious aura. "Yup" I say popping the P in the process. I watched as Midoriya went pale and started to panic at my answer, this must be something serious if he's freaking out so much. "Despite what Bakugou said, You're not a liar Midoriya, I don't know you well enough to say much about you but I would know if you lied. So based on that...... what you said about your quirk is true" I state plainly. "I didn't know passing a quirk was possible, but based on your reaction i'm probably not supposed to know about it." I say continue, keeping my eyes on the green haired boy in front of me. I sigh out before continuing "I came down here after you and Bakugou to apologize for over hearing your conversation during the training exercises." I say changing the subject "I opened a portal so I could hear what was going on since there was no audio in the control room, I heard how upset he was when he thought you were holding back on him throughout the years, and I heard the passion in your voice when you said you wanted to win." I say smiling slightly at the green haired boy. "So you heard everything?" he said going wide eyed with fascination at my words. "Everything." I confirm

" I am Sorry Midoriya, I didn't mean to eavesdrop on you in class. But it seems in my attempt to apologize I just found out more about you." I say sincerely to the green haired boy. "Are you going to tell anyone?" He asks looking at me with an expression that I couldn't quite read. "It's not my secret to tell." I say simply before disappearing right before the boy's very eyes.

~

At Home

~

So Midoriya has a borrowed quirk... This means he's either a government science experiment or someone who has the abilities to give quirks to people. If Midoriya is a government experiment they probably wouldn't have sent him to UA, and we wouldn't have any record of who he is but since Bakugou has known him for at least a few years that's probably not the case. "So that means someone has the ability to pass on quirks. And that someone is probably close to Midoriya seeing as he refused to tell Bakugou who it was that gave him the power." I think to myself while doing some homework.

I get why he wouldn't want people to know though, There's still a lot of debate about how people actually got quirks in the first place; if people found out that a quirk could be transferred it would cause chaos and confusion. "That's not really my problem though." I sigh before standing up to go workout in Hell before dinner.