Chapter 23.5 Fake Date

I pulled on the brown wig which took me about an hour to figure out how to do, the hair had lots of curls that reached down to my lower back. "This is so weird." I mumble after pinning the wig in place. I put in the purple contacts making my eyes look magenta. And lastly I slip on the black glasses. "I'm cute as a brunet." I say admiring myself in the mirror. I slip on some yellow converse, grey skinny jeans and a blue button up tank top and just for a dash of flair I put on a gray tie. "Perfect!" I say before teleporting a few blocks from the location Kaminari had sent me. I walked down the road keeping my eyes peeled for the restaurant called Bab's Burgers. The restaurant soon came into view and I walked in checking my phone. "Right on time." I think to myself with a smile before looking around the restaurant. It was a cute little burger shop with red leather booths and dark wood tables and the floorboards were slightly uneven. Today's Pop Hits were playing over the speaker and it wasn't that busy. I scan the room and notice a familiar head of blond hair and I was going to walk over to him but then I realized 'Valerie' doesn't know what he looks like. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted him.

"Um hi, I'm here. Where are you?" I text quickly. As soon as I hit send The blond stands up and starts looking around the restaurant. I pretend to look around in confusion but our eyes meet and I smile softly at him. Kamanaris face lights up and walks over to me. "Valerie I assume." He says winking at me and I fake a blush. "Denki Kaminari?" I ask in a british accent. "That's me cutie. Lets get some food." He says grabbing my hand and walking me over to the booth he was sitting in. "So based on your appearance you're in high school ya?" I ask him to start up the conversation. "Yup, I go to school at UA." Kamanari boosted proudly. "The Hero school?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Yes indeed." He says confidently. "Thats cool, you must have a powerful quirk then right?" I ask, batting my lashes. "Mines Electrification!" He says proudly "I can send electricity into something when I touch it, like this he says sending a small shock onto my hand making me flinch slightly. "Ow, Denki that hurt." I whine as cute as I can, making him smile with a blush. "what's your quirk?" he asks, smirking at my reaction. "Shit, I didn't think this far ahead." I think to myself in a panic. "It's called Vanish." I lie out smoothly "When I touch something I can make it disappear if I want it to." I say before smirking to myself slightly at my quick thinking. "But you quirk is way cooler." I say before he could ask too many questions. "Thanks Val, but I really like yours too." He says smoothly. "So Valerie based on your accent you're from London right." he says looking me up and down. "I'm from Manchester actually but you were close." I say sweetly while looking over the menu. "I was doubting this disguise would work!" I scream internally as I continue to flirt. "What would you like to eat?" a boy with green hair and pink eyes asks politely looking at us. "Grilled Cheese please." I say Politely giving the server a small smile. "And I'll have a hamburger." Denki says trying to sound cool. "I'll be right back with your order, here is some water while you wait." The waiter said before leaving. "So what brought you to Japan?" Kamnari asked, looking deep into my eyes. "Oh... I came here to live with my mother when my father passed away." I say sadly looking down in my lap. "Oh i'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up." Kamanari says, awkwardly trying to clear the air. "It's ok, It's not like you would have known so don't freak out, ok Denki." I say gently grabbing the blond boy's hand. Denki looked at my hand then up at me with a childish smile. Saying I had a dead parent may have been over kill but it was the best way to keep him from asking too many questions.  "I have to ask though how did you get my number? You didn't really expect me to believe the 'winning a free date.' thing did ya?" I ask, making him blush awkwardly. "I was originally trying to prank call the people in my class. But I guess Mineta gave me the wrong number." Kamanari explained making me shiver internally "Mineta has my number!" I scream internally, trying to keep smiling politely. Note to self: delete number from Minetas phone. "But i'm glad he gave me the wrong number because I got to meet you." he said, making me blush slightly.  The rest of the date was actually pretty fun. I found out we played simmler video games and watched similar movies. We even went off onto a Hero tangent from. Plus the food was great. "I'm Just saying, Hawks will crash and burn if he gets too cocky, he's climbing the hero ranks too quickly for his own good. He's obviously Icarus waiting to happen." I say before sticking a fri in my mouth. "No way, he's too cool." Kamanari said not really knowing who Icarus was. We both start laughing loudly not minding the others in the restaurant. "Ive had alot of fun Denki but I got to run." I say putting some cash on the table for the food. "You're paying?" He asks in confusion. "Last time I checked you had to pay when you eat out."

"I mean the guy is supposed to pay for the food." He says. "No thanks." I say bluntly before walking out of Babs Burgers "I owe him at least the meal for messing with him."

"VAL! Wait!" Kamanari called as I was pushing the door to leave. "Did I forget something?" I asked as I patted my pockets down to see if my wallet or phone was missing, but everything was there. "This." He said with a nervous smile before pulling me towards him. "Denki!?!?" I asked with wide eyes but was met with warm lips meeting my own. The kiss was electric, literally. Denki had managed to send a small amount of electricity into my mouth when our lips touched. It wasn't a long kiss but it was sweet. When Denki finally pulled away my eyes were wide I was not expecting to be locking lips with Denki anytime soon. "S-See ya round D-Denki." I stuttered out in a panic before running out the door.

Kamanari ran after me but it was too slow, I had disappeared before he could catch up. I appeared on the roof of the burger joint and watched as Kamanari looked around for Valerie who had vanished before his eyes. "Thank you for a fun time Denki." I say before teleporting home.

I took off the wig, glasses and the contacts and put them away gently before going to my room and collapsing on my bed. "He kissed me. Denki Kaminari kissed me?! How the hell did I let this happen!? It's not like it was bad and he wasn't a bad kisser either, but I was caught so off guard! GHAA!!" I scream at myself as I pace back and forth in my room.  "And how the hell did that grape get my number? I doubt he hacked into it, he probably just looked through my phone whenever I left it unattended in the classroom." I say in thought trying to figure out how to get my number out of his phone. I look through my contacts to see if there was anyone new added, but nothing was out of the ordinary. "Damn." I mumble