Chapter 31: Shopping

"Why am I here?" I ask bordly as Mina drags me into the shopping mall.

"Because it's gonna be fun and we need to get stuff for summer camp!" She replies brightly.

"Ya but my dad has outdoor survival stuff that I can borrow, and I already have a bathing suit." I point out still being dragged along by Mina. "Then you can help us look for cute outfits." She said as we approached the center of the mall.

This all started when Aizawa explained that even the people who failed would be going to the summer camp so now Mina is over the moon happy. So now I'm standing in a mall full of people with my classmates for no reason other than making my pink friend smile.

"Common Jami! We need to get cute clothes!" Mina said happily before dragging me off towards a store I could not pronounce the name of, Tooru not too far behind.

"So how do I look?" Mina said coming out of the changing room in a cute lime green two piece bathing suit, it was simple in design but it complemented her figure well and made  her pink skin tone pop. "Super cute Mina, but how do you even know they're gonna be swimming?" I ask her as she walks back into the changing room. "We're going camping there has to be a lake." She replies like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Right." I reply not entirely convinced. "Hey Mina, Tooru, I'm gonna go get a hot pretzel, are you gonna be alright or do you want me to wait for you to finnish?" I ask them as I stand up from the purple automen in the women's changing room. "You're all good, But I want your opinion on this first!" Tooru says as she comes out of the changing room in a skimpy red bikini. "I mean it's sexy." I say bluntly, making Tooru blush slightly. "You might wanna get one that's a little more practical for the camp though." I point out. "You're right, but playing dress up is fun!" She replies happily before walking back into her changing room. With that I walk out of the store giving the two girls one last farewell in the process.

"I know I saw pretzels when I was walking in." I mumbled to myself while walking back towards the center of the mall. This wasn't what I was planning to do on my day off but I guess it's not awful. I think to myself while keeping my eyes peeled for hot pretzels. But before I could find my precious pretzel. I caught sight of a familiar main of rainbow hair. "Hiro?" I call out causing the rainbow haired male to turn around. His gaze was glassy and sirius until he laid eyes on me. "I didn't think I'd be running into you again this soon, Babs. Hiro said with a smile before pulling me into his chest for a hug "And my oh my what is this?" he said with a smile, gesturing to my outfit which consisted of an army green tank top that was tucked into black shorts that were being held up by black and white checkered suspenders, and paired off with a pair of orange converse to match my eyes. I also was wearing a small dark grey backpack that held my stuff. "You're putting together your own outfits now? And they don't even look half bad" he said teasingly, making me smirk. I looked him up and down, he was wearing a loose neon green tank top and long black cargo pants that had a neon pink belt around them. His hair was braided and rested on his left shoulder. "And you look like a highlighter." I retort making him laugh. "Still look better than you," he said before looping his arm with mine as we walked down towards the first floor. "Are you still on break?" I asked him with a small smile. "I actually decided to drop out." Hiro said, making my eyes widen "YOU WHAT! I thought this was your dream! And now you're throwing it all away???" I said loudly, earning a few odd looks from people as they passed out. "Calm down Babs, I found a new calling and I'm gonna make the world better doing it." He said with a sinister smile. But I was too preoccupied to notice it. "What could be more important than making your dream come true?" I asked him as we boarded the escalator. "Shaping a better world." he said, making my eyes widen. His words reminded her of a certain villain she encountered not too long ago. The pieces started to fit together, the timing and how interested he was in what happened in Hosu. "Why did you really come to my house after I was in Hosu." I asked him seriously. At my word he let out a sigh before speaking. "You're too smart for your own good." he said simply. "After I saw the video about Stain with you smiling in the back I knew I had to see you. You got to meet him, talk to him, just the idea of it gets me excited." he said honestly as we stepped off the escalator. "So now what? You've taken up his ideals instead of becoming a designer?" I ask him sadly as I look down at my toes. He grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes. "I'm going to make this world better Jami, I know you might not see it yet but I know you'll come to see reason eventually, after all Stain chose you to be a true Hero." He said before releasing my chin. "See ya around Smiley." he said just above a whisper before walking off.