(lii) BABY

four months later

kakashi stayed true to his word, declining missions unless absolutely necessary, taking care of y/n literally all the time, dealing with her mood swings, cravings, all the typical stuff. she finally moved into his house from her comparatively smaller one.

y/n looked at herself in the mirror. her belly was now visibly big, which made her frown. it was only two or three weeks till her due date anyway.

she wasn't someone who cared much about her appearance, (mainly because she was always good looking) but looking at her reflection made her suddenly feel so conscious. her mind fogged up with doubts.

"i used to be so in shape. will i ever be that way again?"

"fuck that, will i ever be a normal shinobi like i want to ever again? in all honesty, kakashi would be the best dad. and i would be a terrible mom."

"what if kakashi doesn't think i'm attractive anymore? i mean, i wouldn't blame him."

she didn't even realise where her train of thought reached and when tears started falling from her eyes. she sat down, burying her face in her hands to try and calm herself down.

it was now that kakashi entered the room.

"y/n?", he asked slowly, "you tired?"

"n-no", she mumbled, her voice barely leaving her throat

at once he crouched down in front of her, "hey hey, what's wrong?"

she looked at him with a tear stained face. his eyes widened.

"baby?", he held her face in his hands, "talk to me"

"am i fit to be a mom?", she whispered. it was understandable for anyone to have these doubts.

"you're the most compassionate person i know", he began, "and i know you'll love this child more than anything"

she nodded, sniffling. because what he said was true.

"and i'll be with you every step of the way anyway", he smiled, "you have absolutely nothing to worry about"

but he could tell that wasn't all that was bothering her.

"y/n?", he looked at her expectantly

"am i ugly?", she asked shakily, even though she knew he wouldn't admit it even if she was.

he looked at her in disbelief, as if her notion was so ridiculous it was unreal. the insecurity in her eyes made his heart sink.

"why would you think that?", he asked softly, "you're the most beautiful woman in the world"

"you're just saying that", she stared at the ground, "i'm not beautiful anymore"

"you are, more now than ever before", he said with sincerity dripping from his words, "i'm so sorry if i ever made you feel as if you aren't beautiful"

she looked back at him doubtfully, unable to express her worries, "d-don't say you're sorry. i'm-"

he now realised what she actually meant. leaning forward, he pressed his lips against hers. though stiff at first, she melted, kissing back softly.

he pulled away for a second, breathing heavily and biting on her bottom lip purposefully. and now deepened the kiss, wrapping one arm around her hip as he sent his tongue into her mouth.

she wasn't worried about being pretty, she was worried she wasn't attractive to kakashi anymore.

and the way he was now kissing her right now. as if he wanted to rip her clothes off. it was exactly what she needed.

he pulled away, winking. "you'll always be the sexiest, baby"

his words made her unbelievably flustered in the best way possible. she kissed him again.

"i can't wait to have a kid with you"

"me neither", he chuckled, laying his head in her lap.

both her and kakashi had agreed to let the gender be a surprise. they were gonna love the kid no matter what, that was for sure. and he or she wasn't going to suffer like they did.

(not to mention kid's gonna be OP lols)

__________________________________

two weeks later

"how are you doing, y/n?", kurenai walked in to see y/n chilling on a hospital bed with her face buried in a book. it was finally time. "where's kakashi?"

"i'm good, those dumb elders called him for some task regarding his takeover as hokage", she looked up from the icha icha paradise book she was reading, "how's mirai?"

"she's fine, hinata is babysitting her", she chuckled, "you better buckle up for the delivery okay?"

"is it really that bad?", y/n asked, "i mean, is it worse than literally dying and coming back to life?"

"it'll make you wish you were dead, at the very least", she said honestly

"how bad can it even be?", y/n shrugged

"CHIDORI ME RIGHT NOW"

"shh", kakashi held her hand reassuringly, "it'll be over soon"

"KAKASHI YOU'RE NOT THE ONE PUSHING A BABY OUT RIGHT NOW SO SHUT UP"

"i know", he stroked her hair, trying to calm her down the best he could, "i'm so sorry"

"I SWEAR TO GOD", she said in a frustrated tone, throwing her head back, "THAT PAIN COULDN'T KILL ME BUT THIS ONE WILL"

"you gotta hand it to her", tsunade said, trying to get her to push more and ease the discomfort simultaneously, "coming up with such creative analogies while she's in so much pain"

"OH MY GOD TSUNADE-SAMA I'M RIGHT HERE", she yelled

"y/n sensei you're almost there", sakura sat next to her, "just a bit more"

she tried to sit upright and kakashi supported her, transferring a bit of his chakra to her to make the whole process easier.

about a minute later she finally collapsed back into kakashi's arms, and a distinct crying sound was heard.

"it's a boy", tsunade said, getting up from her place. sakura rushed to help her.

y/n gave a tired smile, slowly turning her head to see kakashi staring at the newborn in awe. he turned to look at her, pulling his mask down and kissing her forehead.

"you did so well", he whispered, "i love you"

"what's his name?", tsunade asked, cradling the baby

___________________________________

as tsunade asked, what do y'all wanna name the kid? pls give suggestions ✌️

the freaking thought of kakashi having a mini kakashi is making me cry which is why it's a boy😌

i'm so sorry if this chapter seems rushed, i didn't have a lot of time :/