(vii) shisui

y/n sat in her house, her mind recalling the day that gave her nightmares.

flashback

age:12

"oh come on y/n, when are you going to admit it?", itachi snickered

"admit what", she replied, visibly flustered

just then shisui walked in, high fiving both of them. "yo itachi, y/n" he smiled.

"you like him, don't you?", itachi nudged her after he'd gone away.

"............okay fine i do"

"are you ever gonna tell him you like him?"

"never"

one year later
age: 13

"HI SASUKE", y/n called out to the young uchiha as he walked out of the academy. he ran upto her.

"hi onee-chan!!!", he yelled as he ran to her. so cute.

"let's go home", she put an arm around him

"okay"

"where's itachi?"

"he's on a mission. like always", sasuke pouted

"life in the ANBU really takes a toll on everyone huh", she sighed

"why aren't you in the ANBU?", he asked, "you're stronger than nee-san"

she shrugged. the comparison between both of them was something she'd gotten used to. she'd always felt like the ANBU life had an air of darkness about it. and she didn't need any more of that in her life.

she felt sort of uneasy though, the same feeling she recalled having the day she'd lost her parents. so she decided to walk around the village. bored by its monotony, she found herself at the top of the hokage stone faces.

just then, on a cliff further away from where she was standing, she noticed two figures. curious, she moved closer to them.

she saw that the two were itachi and shisui. smiling, she began to walk towards them but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw shisui give something to the other.

at the cliff, shisui had taken out one of his eyes and given it to itachi, making himself completely blind.

"tell y/n i did love her", he whispered

"SHISUI!", itachi yelled as his best friend, his brother, threw himself off the cliff.

watching this scene in horror, y/n lunged forward, soon reaching the water under the cliff. she went underwater, picking him up from the riverbed.

she took him to a crevice in the cliff that formed something like a cave. her eyes welled up with tears to see him blind, confused and angry at his state.

"y/n..", he whispered, sensing her chakra

she tried to compose herself, still holding him tight. the impact from his fall had caused his entire chakra network to fade away and he lay there, near death.

"your eyes..", she choked out

"one of them is safe. the other, not so much"

"WHO DID IT?", she yelled, anger rising in her voice

he smiled, shifting a hand to her face and wiping her tears. "it's gonna be okay"

she held his hand, tears still refusing to stop. "h-how?" she asked.

"trust itachi" he said calmly, "trust him no matter what"

"i already do", she replied, not knowing what he meant. she just continued to hold him. "i'm taking you back to the village"

"no please", he tried to lift his head up. she put a hand behind his head. "let me die. you know i won't make it anyway."

"i can't", she pressed her forehead to his. he smiled again.

"did i..", he began, "did i ever tell you i love you?"

she looked at him again, feeling as if her heart had just been ripped out of her chest.

"no, no you don't get to say that and then die on me", she sobbed, "i love you, okay? please don't- please no"

"y/n", he whispered, lifting his hands to her face. and then he leaned in to press his lips to hers. she returned the kiss, not wanting it to ever end.

"shhh it's okay", he attempted to wipe her tears yet again, "i need you....to do me a favour"

"anything", she replied shakily

"put me out of my misery."

"i'm not doing that"

"y/n please", he requested, blood still flowing from his eyelids like tears.

after what seemed like forever, she took out a kunai and stabbed a vital point, making him jerk forward.

"don't..", she held him again as he said his last words, "don't let the hate get the best of you".

his head fell back as she gently laid him on the ground. suddenly she held her head as pain shot through it.

her eye fell on her reflection in the pool of blood next to her. she watched a tear fall as her red eyes now formed a pattern lined by black. barely noticing it, she went back to the top of the cliff where itachi once was.

wiping her eyes, she went back to the village, telling no one about the incident that had just occurred.
---------------------------
shisui is just🥺🥺💔💔