(lxiii) mangekyo

"mom?", ika whispered, shaking her sleeping figure, "waaAake up"

"what?", she groaned, turning over to face him, "what's up?"

"well i won't be able to tell you if you won't get up!", he pouted

"don't you have missions and stuff?", she sat up, yawning

"there's snow outside", he said

"so?"

"SNOW MOM IT'S SNOWING"

"i heard you the first time", she yawned, "what's your obsession with snow my dude"

"the sky's awake. so i'm awake.", he grabbed her hand

(that's a frozen reference if anyone got it lmao)

hesitantly, she got off the bed, walking outside their house to see the yard covered in a beautiful sheet of snow.

she sighed in amazement, her breath turning to frost as she did. "okay i cant deny it's pretty-"

she began only to be cut off by a snowball coming straight at her face. she reacted just in time, catching it before flinging it back at him.

"nice try", she smirked, "but you're gonna regret that"

she lifted her hand up, raising a good fifty snowballs as she did and threw them at poor ikashi, whose best bet was to dodge them.

"mom this is cheating", he whined, trying to escape the incoming attacks, "i object!"

"i'm not gonna be going easy on you anymore you little baby", she chuckled, sending more snowballs flying at him

"fire style: fireball jutsu", he said, drawing hand signs and causing the snowballs coming at him to melt

"damn you didn't have to flex like that", she chuckled

"i can cheat too", he held up a peace sign, "i know i know, i'm amazing"

"where the hell did you get that superiority
complex", she shook her head, "you were crying for mommy a minute ago"

"but.... that's cause you're my mom"

"just let me trash talk you ikashi"

"sure sure", he chuckled, "by the way mom"

"yeah?"

"what's mangekyo sharingan?"

"what the fu- i mean, why do you ask?"

"i read about it in this book at the library", he explained, sitting down in the snow, "but it didn't really explain what it was"

y/n had conveniently left out the parts about mangekyo when she'd spoken to ika about her clan, mainly cause he was too young to understand exactly how it was awakened and what its abilities were. he was now eight years old and a genin.

"mangekyo is an evolved form of sharingan obtained when one goes through some kind of emotional trauma."

"emotional trauma?"

"like, the death of a loved one", she replied

"and do you have it?", he asked

".. yes, yes i do", she sighed

"that's so cool!", he looked at her with shining eyes

"well i wouldn't call my emotional trauma 'cool' but-"

"no no i'm sorry i didn't mean it that way", he said apologetically, "but that just means you're so strong mom"

she smiled, "thanks ika"

"how did you learn to control it?"

"oh my god that's a whole other conversation what is wrong with this child"

"actually your dad was the one who taught me to control it"

"DAD DID?! SO DAD HAD IT TOO?!"

"yup, he had just one though", she nodded

"but how did dad know you had it and how did you know he did? isn't it supposed to be some sort of secret thing?"

"wow he's smart"

"well cause", she paused, "he used to be my mentor, of sorts"

"so that's how you guys met?"

she nodded, "why are you suddenly interested? all good?"

"i was just wondering what it takes", he turned his head towards the hokage stone faces, "for someone to reach there."

"you want to be the hokage?", she asked, wide eyed

"i think so", he laid back in the snow, looking at the sky, "dad is a great hokage. i aspire to be greater."

"such big dreams", she smiled, "being the hokage is more hard-work than you can ever imagine. there's no shortcut"

"which is why i intend to start working now", he grinned, "so tell me. what are the other abilities of mangekyo?"

she intended to reply when a branch from a tree they were sitting under began to fall beside them. she looked straight at it.

"amaterasu"

the branch was destroyed before it reached either of them and ikashi looked at it at a loss for words.

"exhibit A", she pointed to the branch dramatically, "amaterasu"

he sat back up to listen to her attentively

"they are flames that don't stop burning until it has completely incinerated its victim"

"but they're black", he observed, "why?"

"because they're hotter than the sun"

"like your mom", kakashi joined the conversation as he walked in, throwing a snowball at y/n

"you think you're so smooth", she rolled her eyes as ika ran to hug him and bombard him with questions

"i know i'm smooth", he winked at her, "ika don't you have a mission today?"

"yeah it starts in an hour", he groaned, "we have to find someone's cat or something"

"you should buckle up then", y/n instructed, even though she knew his mission was gonna be the most boring thing he would experience

he nodded anyway, walking back into the house to change. she turned to kakashi.

"ika wants to be the hokage"

"oh great, we have another naruto on our hands"

___________________________________

LOOK WHO HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD

sorry i've been so inconsistent lately. we're almost at the end of this book. just two chapters more.

the idea for this chapter was given by one of my followers :)

anyway a lot has been going on so i hope y'all understand. the last two chapters will most likely be out this week itself.