(xvi) chaos

two months later

"wow this mission went on way longer than it should've", y/n remarked

"thank god it's finally over", the jonin with her agreed

it being an infiltration mission, y/n hadn't had any contact with the village or kakashi. so she didn't have much idea of what was going on. around this time, the final stage of the chunin exam must've begun.

entering the village, they headed straight to the arena where the battles were going to happen.

she ran as fast as she could, and entered the stadium but the sight she saw left her speechless.

there was pin-drop silence in the arena. not a single person was awake. and the ongoing fight between sasuke and some hidden sand ninja had left the stadium. the kazekage looked like he had taken the hokage hostage.

but wait a minute. she'd found out on her mission that the kazekage post was currently unoccupied because the previous kazekage had died.

so who was that in his clothes?

she looked around to see any familiar faces at all. and she did.

"y/n!", she breathed a sigh of relief as the familiar voice called out her name. her heart fluttered a bit which she downright ignored.

"kakashi", she ran towards him. "what the hell is going on?"

"my guess is sand ninja have turned against us and everyone is under genjutsu. we need to release it off of as many shinobi as we can"

she nodded, running to sakura, ino, shino, kiba and then shikamaru.

but she found out that he'd already resisted the genjutsu but had gone to sleep instead?????

"SHIKAMARU", y/n yelled furiously, making him sit up at once, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU"

"what is it? oh y/n-sensei when did you get back-", he asked, rubbing his eyes

"THE VILLAGE IS UNDER ATTACK"

"aw man", he groaned, getting up lazily

"sakura, release the genjutsu on naruto. and all of you go help sasuke fight the sand dude"

"his name is gaara"

"i couldn't care less. leave.", she ordered and they nodded, setting out

meanwhile, she turned to see guy and kakashi fight off numerous hidden sand ninja.

"fire style: great dragonflame jutsu", she yelled, drawing hand signs at an inhuman speed.

this sent a major part of the now arriving sand ninja flying.

"wow kakashi your student is STRONG!", guy said to the jonin as they continued fighting.

"that she is", he smirked, glancing her way for a split second before focusing on his fight.

"i need to get better at teaching!", guy yelled

"i didn't even teach her most of the stuff calm down!", kakashi replied, kicking another opposing ninja straight across his face.