(lxiv) the chunin exam II

"you ready?", kakashi asked the mini version of him that stood before him

"i am", ika nodded, looking much more chill than he usually did. the whispers all around him didn't bother him anymore. he didn't despise being the hokage's son, "i'm gonna make you proud, dad"

kakashi patted his back and he began to walk into the stadium before turning back towards him.

"mom isn't back yet?", he asked

" she should be back by the time your fight starts, probably", he said, adjusting his kimono

"are you sure?"

"i hope"

"okay i guess, bye then", he went to catch up with his teammates and competition.

kakashi walked over to the stands, where he was supposed to sit with the other four kage. the fights began, but there was no sign of y/n.

"oh hey kakashi", kurotsuchi waved as he sat down

"what's up", he said, literally on the verge of zoning out

"isn't your son competing this year?", gaara asked, "ikashi-kun. temari seems to think he's exceptional."

"he is", kakashi nodded

"where's y/n?", darui asked

kakashi couldn't resist rolling his eyes at this, "i don't freaking know"

"woah, what put hokage-sama in this mood?"

y/n had made him like this. frustrated, moody, impatient. when she left on a mission one week ago.

and she was supposed to be back by now. and she wasn't here.

he barely even watched the fights. some kid from the sand village vs mist village. sand kid won.

cloud village vs leaf village. leaf kid won.

"where is y/n"

"the next fight will be between ikashi hatake of the leaf village and kaneko cho of the stone village"

"your son drew an unlucky opponent", kurotsuchi chuckled, "that's my niece and she's top of her class"

"mhmm", kakashi decided to let her have her delusions, "if you say so"

"did i miss it? did i miss it?!", a voice asked hurriedly, running in front of the five kage and leaning over the railing to look at the screen that displayed ikashi's name

"ah, y/n's here", darui looked at her and smiled

"thank god i didn't miss it", y/n let out a relieved sigh before turning around to face the important people behind her, "hey everyone"

"hey y/n", they waved

she turned to kakashi, smiling nervously. he met her gaze before looking away, pouting.

shikamaru, who was standing behind him, gave her a look as if to ask "what even happened?!"

she shook her head "don't worry"

she finally took a seat down next to kakashi and a round of applause followed as ikashi walked out, followed by his opponent, cho. a girl about two years elder than him. fierce looking, with pretty blue eyes and dark brown hair that fell to her shoulders.

for a split second y/n could swear she saw ika blush.

"oh. good going, ikashi."

"the hokage's son, huh", cho chuckled, "it'll be so much fun beating you"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐇𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋: 𝐤𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉