(xxxviii) pain

y/n woke up to a splitting headache.

"fuck", she groaned as she looked around her apartment. it seemed... much cleaner than the last time she saw it. the faint smell of food wafted from behind her and she felt her stomach let out a weird sound.

"morning", a voice called from behind

"you cooked?", y/n asked, raising her eyebrows, "and cleaned?!"

"yeah i was up early and your apartment was a mess", kakashi nodded, "come eat"

she just walked upto him, pulling his mask down before pressing her lips to his. he wrapped one arm around her waist, bringing her closer to him. it lasted just a few seconds. and then she just hugged him really tight.

"i love you"

"and i love you", he kissed the top of her head, "now eat, i can literally hear your stomach growl"

she sighed, "okay okay"

she sat down at the table, just beginning to eat when something felt horribly wrong. she got back up in a second.

"y/n?", kakashi looked at her in confusion

"something's wrong"

"what is it?"

"very strong chakra", she closed her eyes, trying to concentrate, "five- wait no, six of them"

"it's probably just a visitor", he replied. it did feel suspicious, but he didn't want y/n to be any more stressed than she was.

y/n wasn't convinced. so she tried to see whether she could make anything else out. and she did. "it's- it's the same chakra it's just divided into six"

both of them looked at each other, coming to a realisation.

"pain"

just then, the sound of something like an explosion was heard. they nodded before running out of her house.

chaos seemed to have taken over the village. a summoned animal was causing damage in one region, some sort of repulsive force somewhere else was destroying buildings.

a full blown enemy attack.

both y/n and kakashi scattered in different directions, meaning to assess the situation. y/n hadn't even recovered from last night's breakdown and her head pulsated, but she had no choice. she picked up a food pill on her way out, hoping it would be enough.

she ran to where the summoning animal was, noticing the rinnegan it possessed.

"y/n!", a gruff voice called out.

"ibiki!", she said breathlessly, reached right before the animal.

"we need to evacuate the civilians!"

"you take care of that then!", she replied, her expression turning stern as she looked at the creature before her, "i can handle this"

"are you sure y/n?"

she nodded, "go"

ibiki and inoichi hurried out, moving all the civilians out of the area.

she turned to the animal, trying to pinpoint who was controlling it, cautious of its rinnegan. but it was impossible to.

so she did what she did best. sharingan awakened, she drew a rasengan in her hand.

"go back to wherever the fuck you came from", she growled, pushing off the ground to strike the animal with it as hard as she could.

the creature certainly bore damage, causing it to weaken. it seemed to aggravate him though, and he shook violently.

she drew hand signs at incredible speed. "FIRE STYLE: FIREBALL JUTSU"

at once the fire style tamed the animal, and his field of vision was lost. once again y/n used her rasengan, and the animal finally disappeared.

in another part of the village, kakashi was battling tendo pain, who seemed to be the leader of the six pains across the village. and it was not a battle he had the upper hand in.

choji, who was also at the site, found his dad to be on the verge of death.

"go on! inform tsunade-sama quickly", kakashi yelled, at the brink of losing his chakra.

"b-but kakashi sensei!", choji protested

"LEAVE!", he commanded, and choji nodded, beginning to run.

a blade like structure was now in the air behind tendo pain from another summoned animal, and kakashi sighed, unable to move. it came straight at him.

"it seems like this is it for me"

he closed his eyes in anticipation of getting hit. the man in the akatsuki robes snickered.

"know pain"

"he knows more pain than you ever will"

the sound of metal slicing through flesh was heard. but it wasn't kakashi's.
____________________________________

bro i can't believe 2020 is almost over