(xxix) hospital

now that naruto was back, things with the akatsuki had escalated, to say the least. two of its members, sasori and deidara had been encountered by kakashi and guy's team. it had resulted in sasori's death (BY SAKURA MIGHT I ADD) and also the death of an elder from the sand village, chiyo. the now kazekage gaara was rescued as well and brought back safely.

they got back from the mission, thoroughly worn out. y/n had been on another mission when this had occurred so she had hurried back to find out what had happened.

"y/n! weren't you supposed to return tomorrow?", tsunade asked as y/n walked in with the mission report.

"oh, i finished early", she said, "are naruto and the others back yet?"

tsunade's face fell, unsure on how to tell her what she was going to tell her. "yeah they're back"

"okay i'm gonna go to kakashi's place then", she said

"y/n wait! kakashi's not in his house", she sighed, "he's in the hospital"

y/n froze, trying to calm herself down before reacting. "how serious is it?", she asked quietly

"not very. he almost ran out of chakra. needs weeks of rest. but he's gonna be okay.", tsunade said

she sighed in relief, "i'm gonna go see him now."

"okay", tsunade gave her a small smile. her reaction to y/n dating kakashi had been simple. she had hugged both of them at the same time, yelling "FINALLY". it was actually pretty wholesome.

y/n ran to the hospital.

"where is hatake kakashi?", she asked the medical ninja at the reception

"room 106"

(haha 106 get it?)

y/n reached his room, opening the door slowly.

"kakashi?..", she whispered as she walked into the room.

"oh he's asleep"

she reached his bedside, sitting down on a stool next to his sleeping figure carefully so as to make no noise. she ran her fingers through his hair.

"he's cute when he sleeps"

the exhaustion from hurrying back home hit her, her eyelids drooping. before she knew it, she'd fallen asleep too, holding his hand tightly.

about an hour later kakashi opened his eyes wearily. his gaze fell on y/n who was asleep, her grip on his hand still tight. he smiled.

"y/n", he shook her slowly, causing her to groan.

"hmmm..", she opened her eyes, "hi"

"hey", he kissed the back of her hand, "when did you get here?"

"an hour or two", she yawned, "how are you feeling?"

"okay i think"

she got up, leaning to wrap her arms around his neck. "i missed you"

he held her tight, "so did i"

she climbed onto the bed next to him, playing with his hair.

"so why'd you run out of chakra? kamui?", she asked

"yeah. i used it too much. did i scare you?"

"just a bit", she rested her head on his shoulder, "you want something? water? icha icha tactics? food?"

he lifted up her chin to face him, giving her a grin.

"just this"

he pulled his mask down and leaned in to press his lips against hers. she shifted a bit, returning the kiss as it began to get deeper. she gasped as his tongue went in through her mouth. his hand reached her hip, pulling her onto his lap.

they continued the kiss for a few seconds more before breaking it, gasping for air. then she connected her lips with his again, turning it into a full blown make out session. that's when she snapped back to reality, realising where they were and broke away.

"what?", kakashi asked, annoyed at her action

"you need to rest", she said, narrowing her eyes at him

"no i don't", he leaned in again but she pulled his mask back up.

"i'm getting you some food. shut up and sleep or something", she got off his lap

"ugh y/n come onnnnn", he whined

"wow you're such a horny baby", she sighed, "so what do you wanna eat?"

"the only thing i wanna eat right now is your wet-"

"SHUT UP I'M LEAVING"

---------------------------
filler chapter before the heavier chapters that are to arrive.