(xlvi) zetsu-killing masterclass

"your chakra seems different than i last remember it"

the sentence played in y/n's mind over and over. as far as her knowledge went, the only way someone's chakra signature could be altered would be if one were to get some kind of curse mark or have a tailed beast sealed inside of them.

and neither of those things had happened to her. because of course, she would've known in case they did.

her thoughts were interrupted as they made it to the coast of the land of lightning where zetsus were approaching rapidly from the sea. most of the people from the first division were either injured, dead or out of chakra. and yet, all the zetsu weren't wiped out yet.

y/n was surprised to see ino-shika-cho there as well since they belonged to a different division altogether. but she soon realised why. another person from her past had appeared before her.

"y/n..", the familiar voice called out, waving

"asuma", she waved back, "welcome back to the land of the living"

"can you convince these three to defeat me?", he
asked, "or better yet, can you just do it yourself?"

"unfortunately, i can't", she said, "i'm needed elsewhere"

she turned to the trio facing asuma.

"what are you three doing?", she asked, "your formation and teamwork is unbreakable. it's world famous."

"but he's our sensei", choji said sadly, "i can fight anybody. not him."

"choji", she said, putting a hand on his shoulder "asuma is gone. the person you see before you is not him. it's merely another enemy. i know.... how difficult it is."

"it really is", he said

"and i understand. but without your power, it is quite possible that we'll lose the battle on this front. so do it for the living. do it to protect your friends and the village like asuma himself would've wanted you to"

"okay i- i'll try", he said

"good. ino-shika-cho, go get him!"

"ugh, smooth talker", shikamaru smirked

"lazy ass", she looked at him and winked before turning to asuma

"i'm sorry i couldn't talk more", she said, smiling sadly

"go do your thing, uchiha girl", asuma laughed, "show them what the name means"

a bittersweet feeling was left behind. nodding confidently, she bid goodbye to him.

"y/n!", darui called. he was battling easily 50 zetsu off on his own, "a little help would be nice!"

"on my way", she yelled back. there were about 2000 zetsu that needed to be taken care of. kakashi and shisui at the time were fighting the brothers kinkaku and ginkaku that were responsible for the death of the second hokage.

in seconds, y/n was at the very front. and the battle she would fight then would make her name one that everyone would remember.

"fire style: great dragon flame", she said quietly as she drew hand signs.

at once a fire dragon appeared before everyone and they watched in pure amazement as it burnt 200
zetsu to a crisp.

"of course fire style beats the zetsu because they have hashirama's wood style as well"

the enemy hadn't even recovered from her attack yet when she accumulated chakra again.

"darui!", she called, "do your most powerful lightning style on three"