(xxii) explanation

"oh fuck okay", asuma said, getting out of bed to get dressed hurriedly

"y/n?", kakashi's voice called again

"bye", asuma whispered, giving her a peck before jumping out of her window

y/n composed herself, opening her door

"hello kakashi"

"what took so long?", he asked suspiciously, noticing her dishevelled hair.

"nothing at all", she lied, letting him into her house

asuma and y/n had been hooking up for about two months now. no one knew about it, and quite frankly, it would create so many problems if anyone did. there were no feelings involved whatsoever.

after all, the only reason she was hooking up with him was to get over her feelings for kakashi. he was doing the same, trying to get over kurenai.

"wait here, i'm gonna go take a shower", y/n told kakashi, who nodded.

he lazily took his book out again, sitting on the couch when he accidentally stepped on something.

a lighter.

he picked it up, examining it when he suddenly recognised it. he wasn't dumb. he knew.

"oh that's what took her so long"

he felt his stomach sink as his mind began to race with thoughts. why didn't she tell him? were they together or was it something else? what the fuck

his thoughts were interrupted as y/n walked out in a towel.

"great, now i'm gonna have a nosebleed"

"my eyes are up here, kakashi-sensei", she said, causing him to get flustered again. but then she turned around.

his eyes wandered around her slightly exposed back but froze when he saw a few prominent dark violet marks on her shoulder.

"i can't get mad at her for this right?", he thought to himself, "she doesn't even know how i feel about her"

"kakashi?", y/n walked out of her room

"huh", he looked up at her, still holding the lighter. suddenly a wave of anger pulsated through him as a mental image of her with asuma popped up.

he was not a person easily angered or agitated by anything but this was enough for him to lose his mind.

"oh no. oh no no no", y/n thought as she saw the lighter asuma had left behind in his hands.

he stood up briskly, handing it to her.

"he forgot this"

kakashi stormed out of the house.

y/n sat down on the couch. "stupid. fucking stupid", she muttered under her breath. he found out.

this time kakashi found himself in a bar, wanting to drink his woes away.

meanwhile y/n went to find asuma, with her mind made up to immediately end things.

"asuma!", she called out to the jonin.

"y/n?", he said, smirking

"wipe that smirk off your face", she said, handing him his lighter, "kakashi found out"

"he what?!", asuma asked, the lighter nearly slipping from his hands, "shit, what if he tells kurenai?"

"i don't care. we're ending this", she said

"but-"

"no buts. bye", she ran, now trying to find kakashi.

the copy ninja sighed, fiddling with his drink.
"am i overreacting?"

"kakashi. thank god i found you i-", he turned to find y/n, apparently out of breath

"what is it", he said, signaling to the chair next to him

"i can explain-", she began to say as she sat down

"please do", he said, trying his best to contain his anger

"fuck buddies", she blurted out, "we're fuck buddies. were fuck buddies. i just ended it i-"

"how long have you guys..", he said indifferently

"two months"

"i see. why'd you end it?", he asked, looking down at his drink

"i just....", she struggled to find an excuse to give him without revealing that she had feelings for him

"okay never mind that. why didn't you tell me?"

once again she had no answer.

"it's not like i would judge you y/n", he said, looking back at her. "anyway i understand."

"i'm sorry kakashi", she said quietly

"you don't have to be sorry. i was just.... surprised is all", he said in a low voice, "and hurt. but i'm not gonna make you feel guilty by telling you that"

"okay", she nodded, a little relieved now that she'd talked to him. "well i have work to get to now so-"

"yeah", he nodded and she began to leave.

the seat next to kakashi was now filled by a regular customer of the bar.

"ah, kakashi what brings you here?", the newcomer asked

"hokage-sama?!"

---------------------------
yussss tsunade is here to make sure her ship sails smoothly

tytyty for 1k reads 🥺✌️