(iii) the uchihas

age:13

a knock was heard on the door of the house, which y/n went to answer. two people from the konoha police department stood before her.

"is uchiha itachi home?", one of them asked

"what is it you want?", itachi asked, walking out from behind her

"uchiha shisui was found dead yesterday"

y/n felt like someone had punched her in the stomach. she couldn't focus on the conversation.

"are you insinuating that i had something to do with it?", itachi said in anger

"we're going to have to arrest you"

itachi sent a kunai flying into an uchiha emblem on a nearby wall.

"nee-san", a familiar voice yelled from inside the house. y/n snapped back to reality to see itachi.

he apologised and went back into the house.
"sasuke go to your room", he said

pouting, he left.

"i know you didn't kill him", y/n said quietly, seating herself in a corner of the room.

"how do you know?", itachi asked

she looked him dead in the eye as her sharingan formed a concentric pattern in black.

"because i did"

itachi stared right back at her, his eyes also forming a similar, spiral like pattern.

"how is this possible", he whispered

"i saw you both", she said in a low voice, "and i found him near death on the bottom of the cliff. he begged me to kill him."

"oh y/n.. i'm so sorry. i know how you felt about-"

"it's okay"

that evening

y/n woke up with a start from her nap to the sounds of people screaming and yelling. curious to see what the commotion was about, she walked into her living room to see mikoto and fugaku seated, with itachi behind them. his blade was in his hand, and tears were falling from his eyes.

"so you've chosen what side you're on", mikoto began

"mother...", itachi began

"it's okay. we understand", she said

"i'm proud of you", fugaku said solemnly

confused by the context of the conversation, y/n didn't have time to react before itachi had killed both of them in one swift blow.

"ITACHI!", y/n yelled.

"y/n get out of my way", he said flatly

she wanted to cry. and scream. the people who took her in and treated her like their own child were just murdered right before her eyes. and it was her best friend who killed them. their own son. but at some point you run out of tears right?

instead she went numb, and her mind raced with thoughts. what the hell must have led him to do this? was he always like this? was her life a complete lie.

and then shisui's words echoed through her head.

"trust itachi, no matter what"

is this what he meant?

"why", she finally asked him

"i don't want to kill you"

"why? you killed your fucking parents. why me?"

"i can't", he said, "it's just you that i can't kill. even if i wanted to."

"i know you didn't want to do any of this."

"oh i did. it was all an act", he firmly said, without an ounce of emotion in his voice

"itachi, who ordered you to do this?"

"no one did", he replied, his voice wavering a little bit

"you really think you can lie to me?", she calmly asked

"i'm leaving the leaf village"

" as if i'd let you", said y/n, still unable to move

"you can't stop me", he replied

"try me!", she yelled, trapping him in a genjutsu

he broke free, countering her attack with his own. the battle continued. amidst the chaos, a man in a mask landed a blow to the back of her head, leaving her unconscious.

"are you sure you don't want to kill her?", the masked man asked

"i can't", he replied.

he then went on to see his younger brother, who would remain forever changed after the events of that night.

---------------------------
didn't describe the scene that much because we all know what happened and don't need to relive the heartbreak.