Chapter Twenty-Nine

Lucas | 17

1 week later

1 week later

It's been one whole week since I got that random ass phone.

When I tried to call back—unsurprisingly there was no response. I just couldn't fully comprehend why he would go missing for weeks, call from a blocked number, and randomly ask me to back a bag.

Then just hang up in my face—with no extra intel on anything.

Yet something told me to just pack a bag, and be patient.

And so I did.

——

2 Days later

When I got the call, I was just finna get in my bed and go to sleep.

I had faced two blunts beforehand, and I could feel myself beginning to mellow out.

The sudden blaring sound of my ringtone startled me—slightly bringing me out of my high state of mind.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone, half asleep and half slumped over.

"I need you get your stuff and walk three blocks down—I'm parked by the house on the end of the street, I'll see you before you see me." Sammy spoke in a rushed yet hushed tone, causing me to fully snap out of my slumber I once was in.

I grab the bag I packed a few days ago—I had it sitting right next to my bed, just waiting for the call.

Now we're here.

I slipped on my shoes while simultaneously questioning the man on the other side of the phone.

"Samuel where are we—" but before I could even finish the important question I had, he quickly interrupted me.

His aggressiveness completely catching me off guard.

"Don't say my damn government on the phone, what the hell is wrong wit—man just bring yo ass on, I'll tell you everything you need to know when you get in the car. Turn your phone off now, and start walking."

I moved the phone from my face, side eyeing it as if he could see—tryna figure out who he thought he was talking to.

"How the fuck ima tell you I made it if my phone is off genius?" I asked condescendingly, because he wasn't finna talk to me crazy and think I wasn't gone return the same energy.

He sighed quietly into the phone.

"Baby please—please just cooperate with me. I told you I would see you before you see me, now I gotta go...we've been talking for way to long."

It was silent for a second, before he spoke again.

"I love you." He whispered into the phone before he hung up, almost as if he was saying it for his ears only.

But I still heard it, loud and clear.

I ran down the stairs, taking two at a time trying to get to the door as fast as I could.

Once I finally reach the door, I swung the door open—and before I rushed out, I locked it behind me.

I walked speedily down the side walk—trying to get to the end of the street as fast as possible, but not wanting to be running down street...being that I'm a black man out at night.

And if you know, you know.

Once I made it to the end of the street, I looked around trying to spot Sammy's car, but to no avail.

I walked further down, and still didn't see the car that he picked me up in for our first date.

I contemplated turning on my phone just to call him and ask where the fuck he was.

It was cold as hell outside, and I'm already always cold—so I'm not tryna be out here all night searching for this nigga.

Just as I was about to turn my phone on and call him...

A fabric of some sort was placed over my head, and something was pressed up against my back.

If you scream or even make a slight noise—I'm letting this choppa ring through yo spine nigga.

An unfamiliar voice whispered in my ear.

I was stuck not knowing what to say, the only thing I could manage to do was nod my head in compliance.

"Good, now walk slowly." He said, pushing me in the direction of what I could only assume was a car.

Wait till I get a hold of Sammy, I'm putting his body in a bag...

If they don't put mine in one first, of course.

Once we made it to the car, he opened the door and pushed me inside—completely forgetting to help me duck my head, causing me to knock my skull before falling into the backseat.

"Shit my bad shawty." He said laughing, as he shut the door behind me, before getting in the front.

I tried to scoot my body as far away as possible.

"Damn dumbass be careful with him, and take that fucking bag off his head!" Another unfamiliar voice ordered, sounding like he was fed up with everything in life.

I waited patiently for the man next to me to remove the bag like he was told—and when he did, I was confused by the sight before me.

I was met with a goofy smile and judging pair of eyes.

"Who the fuck are y'all?" I asked curiously, completely forgetting that the fate of my life was in the hands of these two numb nuts.

"I'm Santana and this Dreux." The goofy looking one answered, like I was supposed to know who they was just based of their names.

I gave them both confused looks before responding.

"Who?" I asked again, for more clarification.

The more serious looking one answered this time.

"We Sammy's people." He spoke simply, before turning around and driving off normally—like that ain't just kidnap me.

Yeah...I'm definitely stabbing Sammy when I see him.

———

Long time no see huh? Well I can explain—I was in a bad place mentally, so writing a book was the last of my worries.

But I'm back now and I'm actually excited to get back to writing. Though it's bittersweet, since this book's is coming to an end very soon.

Just a heads up, I still be going back and changing some details—so feel free to reread if you'd like.

Anyway, how have y'all been? I'm genuinely curious.

What's some of y'all favorite shows on Netflix right? I need some new shows to watch, so give me some suggestions.

Also, what are y'all predictions for the ending, what do y'all think will happen?

Vote, Comment, and Share (if you'd like)!

Excuse any mistakes I have yet to proofread and edit.

____