Chapter Twenty-Four

Samuel | 19

It was about 3:23 in the morning and boss man had us in his dusty ass office, trying give us the run down on a drop off

"Bro I don't even hear you right now, my brain keep shutting off every time you start talking." Santana whine, sliding down in his chair trying to get comfortable.

Boss man slammed his big ass fist down on the table, startling Santana out of his mini nap.

"This isn't some kind of fucking game bro, this shit is serious-like life or death serious. Y'all niggas are going to drop off hardcore drugs to a dangerous gang out in the east neighborhood." He spoke clearly, his voice booming through the room as he paced back and forth.

See this is where the conversation peaks my Interest because I knew nothing about my life potentially being in danger.

"I need you guys to focus, because one wrong move and it's gonna be black suits for one of y'all niggas." He finished, finally deciding to sit back down in his seat.

Dreux sat up making eye contact with me, before speaking up.

"All we doing is dropping off some drugs and going on about our business, we do this shit every day-why is it such a big deal now?" Dreux questioned, waiting for his concerns to be addressed.

Boss man just sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"Is it Brax and em'?" I asked and his immediate facial expression was all the answers I needed.

I stood up from my chair, which obviously startled his guards because they drew their guns at me in the next second.

But I ignored it because I knew he wouldn't allow them to do anything to me.

"There's no fucking way, in a million years, that you could ever get me to work with that man again. Not after what he did to me, what he took from me-he broke my family!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, going to lunge for Eli but Santana and Dreux held me back.

And he just sat there, staring at me unfazed by my outburst.

"Well you're going to lose way more if you turn down this job. He threatened us all, so not only will he try to hurt us physically, he'll go for our families-he made that promise, you and me both know exactly what he's capable of." He spoke, his tone of voice never once changing.

I didn't even realize I was crying until the tears started to blur my vision.

Wanting nothing to do with this situation, I stormed out of his office with Dreux and Santana following in suit.

I knocked shit down as I went, my anger and fears getting the best of me.

I knew I should've listened to him, I should've gotten out while I could and then I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in today.