Chapter Thirty-Three

Lucas | 19

Here I was laying in bed next to Sammy

It was 12:30 a.m. and I couldn't sleep, there was so much shit on my mind that sleeping was least important thing at the moment.

We managed to put a decent enough plan together that would hopefully end in our success.

We have to move tomorrow though, and I think that's what's got me on edge right now.

Knowing that we haven't had much time to really walk to through this plan step by step, leaves room for a fuck up—but I'm putting my trust in this "team", I just hope I don't end up regretting it.

I wanna go to sleep, because I'm definitely gonna to need the rest, but my brain just won't stop running.

I turn over on my side to face Sammy, drinking in his handsomeness, as the moonlight shines perfectly, illuminating his features.

I run my hand softly against the side of his face, just taking the time to appreciate what the universe sent my way.

I can't believe I almost passed him up.

He shivers under my touch, and he hand slowly reaches up to rest on top of my own.

"Why are you still up, we have a big day tomorrow—you need all the rest you can get." He takes my hand in his, and brings it to his lips to place a gentle kiss on it.

It sends chills down my spine.

"That's just it, I'm nervous about the big day we have tomorrow. Anything can happen, nothing is promised and I just don't want to lose you, I don't want to lose what we created. We haven't even had enough time together, and I'm not ready to let you go yet." I speak discouraged, letting my fears get the best of me.

I wanted to be strong, but now I'm second guessing what I've gotten myself into.

"Don't even think like that, don't speak that energy into existence, Okay? Baby, the Lord himself couldn't even keep me away from you, I'll be damned if I ever let a regular nigga do that. No matter what, we gon always be okay—I'll make sure of it." He tells me, trying his best to reassure me.

I love him.

"I love you Sammy." I speak, shocking myself with my words but trying not to let that show.

Clearly I shocked him too, his wide eyed expression gave it away.

"I love you too baby, with everything in me." He says sincerely, reaching over to cup my face in one hand.

We both lean forward and allow our lips connect and a slow and sensual kiss.

The first kiss we've shared in a bit, and it honestly feels amazing.