Chapter Thirty-Five

Lucas | 19

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

We sat in the room brainstorming ideas on what the best plan would be.

We each threw in our own inputs, but we would end up disagreeing at the end.

We all feel a mirrored feeling of defeated when we couldn't come up with something miraculous.

We sat for hours trying think of ways we would leave the scene successfully with no injuries or death.

I guess no injuries is probably asking for too much, but we definitely couldn't afford to leave with any deaths that's for you.

We conspired until finally we came up with something good enough for us to all agree on.

"We gotta go to his house, that's the only way we have a greater chance at catching him off guard." Sammy started.

My attention immediately went to him, my interest now peaked.

"It has to be early though, like 4 something in the morning early. He usually doesn't get his day started until 12 pm." He continues to speak.

How he knew this information was beyond me, but that wasn't really important at the moment.

"If we're lucky enough, he'll still be sleeping and I'll I shoot him where he sleeps." He says, finally making eye contact with the rest of us.

I stare at him for a moment, trying to read him.

He's nervous.

Me too.

"We'll need to have eyes upstairs and downstairs tho, so me and Lucas will take upstairs, while Dre and Santana keep look out downstairs. We gotta discard of any evidence tho, so we'll turn on the stove and then set his house on fire—and that's when we make out get away." Sammy starts up again.

Dre speaks up this time.

"If we're going to set his crib on fire, what's the purpose of turning the stove on then?" He questions the logic.

I guess he has a good point.

"The point is to throw off the police, and make it look like an accident. They'll think he just forgot to turn the stove off before he went to bed, plus with the house burned down—there's no body to retrieve." Sammy answers.

Now it's my turn to to question.

"But babe, what if the cops get there before the house fully burns down—what if they're able to put the fire out in time and save his body, then what?" I asked, again questioning the logic.

I just want to make sure we have everything sorted out.

"It doesn't matter because we'll be long gone, we can ditch our car and set it on fire too, and we can dump the drugs in the ocean, then we'll get one way tickets to Mexico." He says frustratedly.