Chapter 27

Chapter 27

O L L I E

Right after the words that carried my biggest secret slipped out, I climbed off Stefan's lap and ran towards our room, straight to the bathroom, and locked myself, several emotions and mental images invading my mind as I wrapped my arms around my small body, hoping to stop the trembles as I shakily dropped to the floor, hands over my mouth to stifle the wracking sobs.

I need to escape as soon as possible. I won't be able to bear it if Stefan looked at me with disgust and full of apprehension. I would die if Stefan changed his mind and decided to drop the broken me. Will he still look at me with so much love after what he learned about me?

The thought of his love fading and dying out for me felt like someone ripped my heart open, leaving me to deal with the other half, shattered in pieces, and poking every part of my body. I had to clench my fist every time I breathe because just breathing feels so painful and hard. Pain prickled all over my skin, but the most excruciating has got to be the piercing pain in my chest.

Heartbroken sobs slipped out of my mouth as I poured out the fear, the pain, and the helplessness that Bryce inflicted on me in the open. The feel of his disgusting hands on my face, neck, arms, and hips; just remembering the touch of his lips on my skin got my insides coiling in disgust. I started to feel heady and nauseous. 

I feel like being dragged deeper into the darkness Bryce had thrown me into, my dark past and demons so intent on chaining me and imprisoning me to the place I abhor and want to escape from.

I rubbed my chest when a numb feeling washed over my body. My breathing slowed down and I started to feel suffocated, as if someone was cutting off my air supply in a slow motion. Gasping in shallow breaths, I squeezed my eyes shot and slowly dropped on the floor. I don't understand what's happening. I tried to breathed in through my mouth but I feel even more breathless. Everything around me started to blur and my body refused to respond.

I wanted to scream for help, but not a single sound bubble out of my throat. I closed my eyes and Stefan's warm smile and soft gaze filled my mind. My sweet, lovable daddy. I shouldn't have ran away. I should've waited for his reaction. I shouldn't have let fear run over my system.

I tried to move so I can apologize to Stefan but my body has other plans. Before I caught myself, my vision turned black and all the sounds got muted.

*****

S T E F A N

With a deep frown, I let out a staggered breath. Oliver's confession left me stunned and speechless as my mind replayed his words over and over like a broken record. However, I am impressed at myself because my brain is functioning properly. I was expecting the build-up of indescribable rage, but the anger was tamped down by worry and the need to assure Oliver's safety.

Oliver ran away before I was able to react. The silver lining in this situation was that Oliver ran to our bedroom this time. I don't know what I would do if he chose to flee again. What made me smile was the fact that Oliver doesn't want to run away from me for good; he chose a place in the house where he felt comfortable and secure. Oliver may not realize it, but he's already bounded to me. His actions confirmed my theories.

When I got to our bedroom, I swept my eyes around. "Ollie? Baby? Daddy's here, love." When I didn't see him around, I tried the checking the bathroom, only to have my stomach twist in dread when I realized that the door was locked. I instantly sent a message to Devon and the latter handed me the keys, but I froze in my position when I heard Oliver's soft sobs. It was almost inaudible, but I was able to hear it.