Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The next day,
9:30 am
Secret Room, The Penthouse
Azure Paradise

S T E F A N

I scanned my eyes around the room. Everybody is present. Roman was sporting a  serious expression and holding his anger. Elizabeth told him about the death threats.

Reeve and Chris are present, as well as Dad, and Oliver's guards. Trevor and Devon had finished setting up. My mind is clear and I have figured out what to do.

We are currently inside a mini-conference room I had constructed for emergencies like this. The room is soundproofed and complete with facilities. I have a separate monitor for CCTVs and we have another one that we will use later for the formulation of our next move.

I had Mom and Oliver visit Noah downstairs, and I was rewarded by excited squeals from my baby and torrid kisses. Happy Ollie, happy boyfie. But soon, it will become fiance, then hubby. Soon. I'll settle for being the boyfriend. For now. Marrying Oliver is my goal. I will never let him go.

Oliver's excitement just doubled when he saw Jesse, the both of them bouncing up and down while hugging. I think they just saw each other two or three days ago but it looks like they haven't seen each other in a decade. Mom was also happy, having two adorable boys at her side. I had Devon's men guard them. We can't be too careful. We're dealing with an international drug cartel and a desperate Pietro. I need to strengthen my defenses.

The entire hotel is surrounded by agents from The Phantom. By now, Elena and Pietro will find out that Oliver holds the largest share of the empire. I want my baby beside me but I can't burden him with this. I know I will be breaking my promise with him but I can't get him involved directly. I just hope he understands when everything is over.

I cleared my throat and stood up. "Thank you for coming here, everyone. Looks like we're in deeper shit than we imagined," I said bluntly frankly, and Devon winced at my choice of words. Everyone went on full alert as Trevor explained the entire situation.

Roman's face was unreadable. "That piece of shit fucked up this time." He pulled his hair and rubbed his face in frustration.

"What's your plan, Stefan?" Reeve asked.

"I plan to negotiate." The room was immediately filled with a thousand protests, but I remained calm and held my ground.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"They won't negotiate! Your naivete will get you killed!"

"Criminals have a different mindset, Stefan!"

I glanced at Oliver's guards, and I can see the hesitance in their eyes, but this fucking guy surprised me.

"I agree. It's better to negotiate," Marc said simply and a heavy silence blanketed the room. "Think about it. This guy," Marc gestured towards me, "will never endanger Oliver like we did." The bitterness and poison in his voice made Roman flinch. "He won't suggest the negotiation if he doesn't have a plan in mind," then he looked at me intently, "right?"

I glanced at Roman, his expression blank and serious. At the very least, I feel sympathy for him. I fully understood his actions now. It was all Izen and Mara's plan. Roman even agreed to be a scapegoat out of his love for his grandson.

Dad also gave his approval. "I also agree to the negotiation. Stefan would not do something careless, especially if Oliver is concerned." Seeing my father look at me with pride was a confidence boost. Dad has no qualms praising us when we did a good job, and he is no pushover when we fail.